eleven | clashing

Tremaine rested anxiously on the front of his desk, toying with thee stress ball he was given from his psychiatrist. Exhaling heavily through his nose. He stared through the wide open door frame of his office, directly into the hallway. Nervously anticipating Stevie's arrival that morning. She was a twenty minutes late, which, would usually drive him up the wall any other day. But after Friday's events Tremaine consciously excused it.

The elevator dinged. "Morning, Stevie," Jada announced with a smile looking to her left. As thee sam repeated sound of heels inched closer to Jada's desk.

"Morning is he in there?" He made out Stevie's voice.

Lifting his butt up from the front of his desk, he made his way over to the doorway. Just as Stevie turned around preparing to walk into the office. Pausing, she froze in her spot. Dropping his eyes from hers, he fidgeted with his cufflink.

"Morning," She worded loud and clearly, as she straightening her back. Held her head up, as thee black stilettos carried her towards him.

"I truly apologize for being late. Thee train stalled and we had to switch cars. Then, the line at the coffee shop was wrapped around the corner, but, whew I'm here. And as always, sir, here you go," She extended the styrofoam cup of coffee towards him and the small folded bag containing two banana nut muffins.

"Thanks," He grabbed the coffee and the bag. "Could I talk to you for a moment?"

"Actually we don't have any time. You have a panel meeting at the Clark's building in twenty minutes. David is already downstairs, that way you can beat the traffic," Stevie gave a quick smile before moving away from him, heading for her office.

"Ms. Calhoun," He called. "You have to be in attendance to this panel as well, I may need something, notes, water, anything,"

Stevie paused mid stride. Spinning on her heels, she stared at his nervous face. Shrugging lightly she fixed her purse strap on her shoulder. "Okay,"

"Good let me grab my jacket," Tremaine moved disappearing into his office. A few seconds go by. Before he makes his way back out into the hallway, laptop tucked under his arm, and the coffee Stevie purchased for him.

The two made their way towards the elevator. "Well shall return in a couple hours, if he receives any calls? Forward them directly to my cell, I'll handle them," Stevie notified Jada before the two of them climbed onto the shaft.

The moment the doors closed, Tremaine focused his attention on the back of Stevie's head, inhaling, he exhaled quietly. "Uh.. Hm.. Ms. Calhoun about Friday night? I want to say--"

Stevie threw her hand up. "-- It was nothing honestly. We both were drunk, I bruised your ego and you wanted to make a point. Look it happened, it's over, it's done so let's forget about it," She reached out pushing the L button for the lobby.

Tremaine kissed his teeth. "You didn't bruise my ego first off. You're very full of yourself you know that?"

"And I am," Stevie shrugged carelessly.

Tremaine rested back against the railing. "You look to want to dissect and analyze everyone's life, as if you know anything. You talk about me being an asshole? You're fuckin' Queen ass--"

Stevie snickered. "You're only mad because I'm right. And the things I said Friday night were right. You're very fucking predictable and basic, Tremaine. You're a robot with a good shave and nice cologne. That's it, that's all, kid, you live your life on a damn schedule. Like you're in the military, left, right, left--" She cackled clapping her hands.

"Stevie--"

She interjected blinking her lashes laughing a bit calmer now. "-- No, no.. It's okay I'm not trying to hurt your poor feeling's again. It's just I know your type, I've worked with and been around people like since I was eighteen, man, so believe me, I'm stating facts,"

"You don't kno' shit!" He snapped as thee small veins jumped in his neck. "One I'm a business man a'ight? Let's make that clear. Two I'm a grown ass man, you feel me, ma? Not some half ass, dope selling, unhinged, illiterate ass lil' boy! You damn right I live my life on a fuckin' schedule. I have alot of shit to lose round' this motherfucker. I have a brand, and a half a million dollar company tied to my name, a'ight? So miss me with that bullshit. You should live your fucking life on a schedule, Stevie! Maybe you'd actually have something going for yourself. Other than kissing ass and catering up to those who do!"

There's complete silence in the shaft. Before Stevie starts clapping. "Well call me a beaver, cause I'll be damned! The man has spunk. That's why you kissed me? Because you have a lot of shit to lose?" She started this taunting laughing. "Ha! And what makes you think I don't have anything going for myself you unhappy son of a bitch? That's quite ballsy coming from a guy who could be facing a sexual assault lawsuit!"

He yelled clenching his teeth. "I apologized for that! Don't be fuckin' petty, Stevie! Because if that's the game you want to play? You got real handsy on the dance floor the other night, and I don't think I felt comfortable! So we can go toe to toe! Is that what you want?!? Because I have a great lawyer on speed dial who I pay a nice chunk of change to!"

Stevie spun around on her heels. "Money! Money! Money! That's all your arrogant ass thinks about. God, I don't know how people put up with you. You're so stiff and uptight, you need to buy some pussy and get laid! Maybe you'll be a decent guy!" She argued glaring directly at his crumpling face.

"When's the last time you got laid? Queen asshole! Maybe you wouldn't be scrutinized my damn life so hard! If I didn't know any better? I'd think you were obsessed!"

"Obsessed? Obsessed?!? Me? With you, you got to be kiding me! Don't flatter yourself. You aren't anything to obsess over, Otis! So pipe down you not even that fuckin' cute, humble yourself!"

"You're fired!"

The elevator finally reaches the lobby floor. Stevie gripped her purse strap. "No! I'll do one better, I fuckin' quit, blue balls!" Stevie yelled insultingly as she moved to climb off the shaft the second the doors started pulling open. "Cuse' me! Cuse'me!" She brushed passed the three people preparing to get onto the elevator.

_________________________________________

Update 😫 .. welp... That went left, right, and
u-turned back around