forty two | making it official

A week later ...

After Stevie's emotional collapse the other day at the hotel, the two of them hadn't spent much time together. Nor had they spoken to one another about anything outside of the workplace. Truthfully, Tremaine's schedule was so busy with meeting after meeting that he hadn't been able to address the matter as he'd like, but, now that the week was slowly coming to an end. He was ready to pull Stevie aside and check on her.

Tremaine tapped on Stevie's door to grab her attention. "Hey mama, you got a minute?" He rested his shoulder against the framing.

"Yeah, of course, you need something?" She inquired bringing her typing to a small pause.

Tremaine scratched through his thick sideburns. Shrugging his shoulders, he stuck his hands into his dress pants pockets. "It's getting late, we should be heading out shouldn't we?" He asked checking his watch for the time.

"Oh.." She returned to her typing. "I didn't realize it was late. I um... I need to finish up this contract for the Moore client, so you can go, I'll just... See you tomorrow," She voiced softly as she avoided eye contact with him.

Sighing quietly he moved over to her desk. Reaching over towards her, he laid his hands on top of hers to stop her from typing. "You can finish that in the morning, c'mon, I wanna show you something,"

"I can't it's important," She pulled her hands from under his.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asked pulling back to bring his arms to his chest to cross them.

She shrugged. "I'm not avoiding you, Tremaine. It... It's just I'm stressed, you've had a busy schedule this week, and we've had so much to review and sign and... And--"

"-- And... That's not an excuse, Stevie, we've had swamped weeks like this in the past, you haven't acted like this. Is it because you of what happened last week at the hotel? Look, I'm sorry--"

"It's nothing to apologize for, Tremaine, it's fine you didn't do anything. I've just been stressed that's all, look, I really need to finish this contract, so if you don't mind?"

"Actually I do mind," He moved around the desk. Grabbing her chair he turned it in order to make her face him. "I'm your boss, so I call the shots, so go head clock out for me. It's time to go home. So c'mon let's go," He tightened his grip on her hands helping her stand up from her chair.

"Tremaine,"

"No," He yanked her trench coat off the back of her chair. Tossing it over his shoulder. He shut her laptop down, before he grabbed her purse from her desk. "C'mon we're leaving for the night, no argument, Stevie, you can finish that shit in the morning," Grabbing her hand, he lead the way towards the door to exit out of her office.