fifty nine - moments with you pt 2

{ Hi babies, hope all is well!!! Sorry for leaving yall hanging with this book

{ Hi babies, hope all is well!!! Sorry for leaving yall hanging with this book. But I'll get better, again. Thanks for hanging in here with me & understanding 💖}

The clink of wine glasses, silverware, and light chatter filled the bistro. Tremaine sat massaging the back of Stevie's neck, while toying with the small curls on her hairline. As she sat engaged in a conversation with one of the wife's, of some big time executive she and Tremaine were seated at the large dinner table with.

"You look beautiful baby." Tremaine leaned over whispering into her ear, before placing a small kiss against her lobe.

Looking away from Lisa, she gave Tremaine her attention, fluttering her eyes. "Mhm, I know that already," She whispered back with sass. "When are we leaving again?" She asked frowning.

Resting his arm on the back of her chair, he leaned in closer than previously. Inhaling her perfume, he admired the glow and shimmer to her skin; from the body oil she'd used. "One more hour, kitten, and I promise we can leave, okay?" He asked planting a quick kiss on her lips.

Her frown softened instantly from the small affectionate peck."Fine." She smiled. "One more hour, Oliver." She poked his nose with her fingernail.

He gave a side smile. "Yes'mam, how bout we go have a night cap at duckies? And then go home and cuddl—"

A nasally voice, dripping with pretense, cut through the ambient chatter between the. Couple."— So, Stevie?"

The couple detached their eyes from one anothers, to look at whoever was seeking her attention. "What is it that you do, again?" Kimmy, the wife of one of the big time executives at the table with them spoke.

"Why?" Stevie asked laughing a bit. Grabbing her glass of wine up, she then straightened her posture in her seat to stare directly at the oval shaped face, pinched nose, and sunk in jawline. "I mean is it so that you'll know how to treat me? As if my title or position, grants you the power on how to treat me? Because it's going to be with respect either way. Do I look like someone you'd like to pay a salary to, do I give housekeeper vibes to you, love?" Stevie snickered to herself.

Kimmy shrugged with a self-absorbed smile. "Oh no, honey, it isn't that, I honestly would like to know. Please, you're the new face around here, do tell us."

Stevie inhaled a deep breath. Exhaling she shrugged lightly. "I'm an assistant, Kimmy, anything else you wanna know? My bra size, hair pattern maybe?" Stevie chuckled as she rolled her eyes looking away from her in order to dead the conversation.

"So fetch coffee? And what, file paperwork? Maybe send an email? Enlighten us, Stevie, would like to know the duties of an assistant." Kimmy asked sipping her Martini.

"Look—" Tremaine prepared to speak. But, Stevie squeezed his thigh, signalling to him she could hold her own. They both were knowledgeable of that; yet, Tremaine being the man he was, didn't hold back, nor spare anyone's feelings when it came to defending Stevie's honor.