twenty four | truth be told pt 2

Stevie tossed over on her stomach, turning her head to the right to look around, she quickly had to shield her eyes from the sunlight pouring in to the large ceiling to floor styled windows of Tremaine's loft, where she ended up crashing after the incident with David. "Ugh--" She groaned lowly.

"Morning," The rasp tone caused her to jump.

Stevie slowly pulled her body up on her arm. Staring around the room, her eyes landed on Tremaine. Who moved around the bed into her view. Standing there quietly for a moment, he focused his immediate attention on fixing the brass cufflink on the end of his dress shirt. "How you feeling?" He asked finally glancing up at her exhausted face.

"Okay... How long have I been sleep?" Stevie asked giving a soft yawn, as she tossed over onto her butt in order to sit up completely.

"Two days, on and off," He stated as he moved to grab his watch from the night stand on the side of the bed where she sat. Clasping it on his wrist. He took a seat on the side of the bed.

Gasping she bucked her eyes, shocked at his response. "Two.. Two days? How.. what? I've been here two days?" She stammered, apparently still somolent.

Tremaine nodded with a light laugh. "Yup, two days, I didn't want to disturb you honestly, you were sleeping quite good, besides I figured you needed it after the shit at the auction, speaking of, again Stevie I apologize for what I said--"

She shrugged it off. "It's fine I'm over it, but I need to get up and get home, change clothes, I've missed two days of work. That's going to put me way behind," She pulled at the blanket to remove it from her person.

"No," Tremaine voiced stopping her, standing up he pulled the blanket back up over her. "You're going to take the rest of the week off, you clearly need to Stevie,"

She disagreed almost immediately.
"I can't, I won't, we have alot going on this week--" She attempted to move the cover again.

Tremaine frowned as he pulled the threads back up to her waist. "I'm your boss, you can't argue with me. You're taking the rest of the week off, Stevie, I can manage in your absences, I promise you that. You need to take some time for yourself, relax, a'ight?"

Stevie idly twirled her thumbs. Abashedly shrugging her shoulders, she shook her head. "Okay... Whew this is.. weird, I've never had anyone tell me to take time to myself or relax, ever. I've been working since I was fifteen, taking care of my sister since we were younger than that. With a father situated in Guatemala in the army and a mother suffering from bipolar syndrome and schizophrenia, I kinda didn't have a choice --" She laughed somewhat, she lifted her hand to swipe away the tears dropping down her cheeks. "Sorry.. I know you don't want to hear my sob story,"

Tremaine shook his head as he reached over swiping a stray tear from her cheek with the pad of his thumb. "No, no it's cool, Stevie. Listen I kind of plan a day for you. Nothing major just a few things to help relieve some of your stress, and to hopefully cheer you up. David is going to take me to work and then come back and get you to take you to your apartment to shower and change, then take you around for the day. And he has a list of everything, so you don't have to do much but show alright? Also, the spare keys to lock up are on the kitchen counter downstairs--" He lifted his arm to check for the time.