nine | friendly invitation pt 1

A couple months later ..

Tremaine tucked his hands in his dress pants pockets, as he leaned against the left side of thee doorframe of Stevie's office. "It's almost midnight. Shouldn't you be heading home?" He inquired pulling his left arm up to check the watch on his wrist.

Stevie looked up shocked to see him standing there. Smiling lightly she relaxed her back against her chair. "Oh.. it's that late? Damn, I completely lost track of time. I was just finishing up sorting your emails into the correct folders. And great, I'm late for drink's, shit!" Standing from her seat she started gathering her items and thing's to depart from her work space.

Grabbing the dark colored blazer up. She adjusted it on her body, before pulling her hair out from around thee collar of it. "Hmm," She yanked up the matching purse and her cellphone from her desk.

Tremaine stepped out of the doorway back into the lobby to give her room. Stevie drug the door closed behind her locking it. "Whew, it's the weekend, I'm going to enjoy it! I am going to enjoy it aren't I?" Stevie cut her eyes in Tremaine's direction, as thee two of them strolled the short hallway together.

Tremaine shrugged. "Maybe... Maybe not I have to check my calendar," He laughed to himself.

Stevie smacked her lips laughing. "Yeah whatever I make your calendars, pal! You won't need me at all for the next two days. I made sure of it. So that means don't call my damn phone!" She flopped her wrist continuing towards the elevators.

"Yeah okay goodnight Ms. Calhoun, see you Monday morning," He moved to enter his office. Cracking the door behind himself, he moved over to his desk to sit down.

Stevie appeared in the doorway of his office, pushing the door back open. "You don't have any plans for the weekend?" She questioned fixing her bag on her shoulder.

Tremaine shook his head as he looked over from his computer screen. "Uh.. Nah, actually I don't I usually work late on the weekends, so I'll be here until one or two, then I'll.. Head home," He shrugged.

Stevie nodded toying with the group of gold bangles she'd slipped onto her wrist. "Oh.. okay well goodnight," She told him as she turned on her heels to walk away from the door. But stopped spinning back around. "Wanna go get drinks with me at Duckies? Well not just me. It's a few friend's of mine and my sister Cass. We usually go get a round of drinks, maybe some wings, share a couple laughs. You're more than welcome to join," She suggested with a smile.

Tremaine shook his head. "Oh nah I don't want to invade in your personal life, besides I don't think you want to be bothered with me off the clock--" He laughed lowly. "I'm cool, go, go have fun. But I appreciate it though,"

Stevie laughed getting the gold hoops into her ears. "I think I can tolerate you for a couple more hours, c'mon, it'll be fun. You need to loosen up. It's been a long week. Look just come and drink at least a beer then you can go?" She bargained.