twenty | peace offerings

Stevie yawned as she came jogging down the steps of her building, on her way to work. Though she wasn't ready to face Tremaine or deal with last night's situation. She wasn't going to coward away either. "Yeah I had a rough night, but, I'm on my way to work right now,'' She voiced to her sister through the ear buds situated in her ears

Stevie laughed as she rolled her eyes, as if her sister could see thee disappointment on her face. ''No! I'm not lending you two hundred dollars, Cass! You have a job,'' She continued up the sidewalk. ''Good morning,'' Stevie nodded to the gentleman resting against the side of the parked car infront of her building.

''Good morning, Ms. Calhoun,'' The gentleman tipped his hat to her and lifted his back from the car while adjusting his suit jacket. "-- I.... Cuse me,"

''Whoa...'' Stevie paused abruptly a few feet away. Spinning on her heels, she stare back at the unknown man. ''How'd you know who I was? And who the hell are you? Girl, I don't know some.. Some SUV cop lookin' motherfucka,'' Stevie whispered to her sister.

''No! I'm not going to run, I can't, I'm wearing five inch heels,'' She fussed..

The gentleman gave a kind smile as he stepped forward. ''I was told to deliver this car here to this address to you, Stevie Calhoun, by a Tremaine Maverick? See, I have your picture and everything, did he not tell you to expect me?'' He explained pulling the envelope enclosing the paperwork from his inside pocket.

''Bullshit!'' Stevie blurted out. But immediately covered her mouth, embarrassed. Her eyes widen as she looked passed the man towards the shiny black car sitting there parked. Stepping around him, she approached the car. "This is audi RS 6! Holy shit!" She cracked up laughing.

"Ma'am? Here you are," He moved closer to Stevie to hand-off the keys to her

Stevie took the keys from the man. "Cass, hol' on! I got another call," Stevie lifted her phone to answer the other call. "Hel.. Hello?" She listened through her ear buds.

"Has Jeremiah arrived yet?"

"Are you Jeremiah?" Stevie turned to glance at the gentleman standing there.