three | lack of better words (filter)

Tremaine Maverick_________

Tremaine Maverick
_________

"Fired?! What why?" The young boy asked, perplexed.

Tremaine shook his head as he removed the glasses from his face. "Because!" His voice could heard three floors up. "You mixed up my gotdamn meetings, you didn't get any of my messages noted correctly and you didn't--," He paused staring at the floor behind the young man. "Is.. Is that, Oh my God, is that a stain on my rug?! That's a three thousand dollar mink rug, get... Get out! Before I have you arrested!" He roared boisterous, pointing towards the door.

The young adult scurried to his feet. The cluster of paper's he held scattered all over the floor. "I..I Well... Sorry sir," He stammered as he hurried for the door. Wasting no more time he got it slung open as he rushed out of the office. Mocking a track star, as he took off towards the stairs bypassing the two elevator's.

"Ugh! Why is it so fucking hard to find good help around here?! They're continuously sending me bird brain ass imbeciles! I--I--"

"I could give Ms. Calhoun a call and have her come back. You know she's a good candidate for the position, Mr. Maverick,"

Tremaine glanced at his receptionist. Glaring so intensely she quickly lowered her head, making herself busy with the notepad on her desk. "Hm... I don't pay you for your opinion, Jade. I pay you to take calls, so do that. Understood?''

"Ye... Yes sir," She voiced still avoiding eye contact. She listening to his footsteps across the floor as he advanced back into his office.  Once hearing the door slam shut, she lifted her head to look, having her eyes roll around. "Whew girl keep your mouth shut Jade, we are trying to pay off some credit card bills, and debt. We need this job,"

The phone buzzed letting her know Tremaine was calling out to her from his phone for something. Grabbing up the receiver she pressed the blinking button. "Yes sir Mr. Maverick?" She questioned.

"Um.. uh.." He stalled toying with the stress ball he was given by his doctor to manage his stress levels. "If-- Well I mean since I can't find anyone else qualified at the moment. It's not like I'm in desperate need of one, but she will work for the meantime. So go ahead and give Ms. Calhoun a call. Tell her if she still wants the job. The.. the offer is still available. That's all," 

''Yes sir,'' Jade replied smiling to herself. "Right away Mr. Maverick," Hanging up the call, Jade scrolling through the contacts book to find Stevie's number.

"Hello this is the receptionist with Maverick enterprises, Jade? Yes may I speak with Stevie Calhoun?" She inquired twisting her finger in the phone cord. "Oh hi, Stevie, I was calling on behalf of Mr. Maverick? He wants me to inform you that the offer for assistant is still up for grabs, if you're still interested?"

Jade snickered quietly. "Oh he's pissed, big time, girl. You should see some.. Yes ma'am that's why I called--"" Jade straightened up when Tremaine's door opened up.

"Jade? I'll be stepping out for a early dinner with some friends at Mastros for a few hours,  if Ms. Calhoun decides to take the job? Tell her I would--" He stood getting the expensive trench coat over his shoulders. He continued with a slight frown. "-- Appreciate if she could stop by this evening after I've returned or before I do, to help clean up the mess these illiterate fucking temps made,"

"Yes sir I will notify her. Enjoy your dinner!" Jade watched him move towards the elevators. Standing up she leaned over her desk spying to make sure he got onto the elevator and was gone.

"Yeah he's gone! Girl, he's so fucking prideful, it almost destroyed him to have to ask you to come back. But listen if you do decide to take the offer? Make him earn your respect, because if he can push you over? He'll strap on his construction cap--"

Jade chuckled tapping her heels excitedly. "Yes well I'm happy to hear that, look, so now that you've accepted? He wanted me to ask if you could come in while his out, or once he returns to help heim fix the mess thee temps made? That's if you can, if not? Girl, don't stress it.. Oh okay cool. I'll be here waiting, cool see you then, bye!" Jade ended the call.

She reached over hitting the play button on her radio. Bobbing her head to the music playing, she slide back in her chair to kick her feet up on her desk, as she grabbed her nail file from her draw to file her nails.

___________________________________________

Update!