sixty one | lover's den pt 1

( Hi Babies, I'm so sorry for this late update. I've been so slumped the last couple of weeks. And I know yall probably pissed, but please enjoy this short update, until I can get another one out. xoxo ❤️ )

__________

Tremaine opened his eyes, hearing the knocking at the door sent a wave of urgency through him. Staring over at Stevie, who was laid out on her stomach, still asleep. ''Shit...'' He cursed low as he slowly eased out of bed. Without waking Stevie, he managed to get his robe around his half-dressed body as he hurried down the steps,

''Good morning, Mr. Maverick'' Gia, the hired harpist, and her team greeted him as they stood at the entrance.

''Morning,'' He stepped outside, closing the door behind himself. Looking past the young woman and two men dressed in formal attire. He noticed four other cars pulling around the circle driveway. Right on time, he noted to himself. Today, he'd hired a private chef, florist, and a harp player. All to honor Stevie and to celebrate their engagement.

He thought about throwing a large event, and then he started to hate the idea, why have his home filled with a bunch of strangers or people he hadn't talked to in years, chugging down his champagne and swallowing down his food and couldn't care less about him or Stevie. It just didn't feel genuine to him, and with him as elated as he was at that moment, he didn't want any negative energy or shadiness around them in their time of bliss, but, instead, he opted for a smaller gathering with just their closest family and friends.

He wanted them surrounded by people who knew them and cared about what was going on in their lives.

''Morning, morning. How's everyone doing?'' He asked the individuals, as the small group grew by the second, as more and more people retreated from their vehicles, to stand and listen to Tremaine's instructions. ''Listen, I want to thank you all for coming out last minute, it means a lot to me, because today isn't just some little charity event or some networking gala, this is my engagement party.'' He paused for the claps and congratulations from the bunch.

Tremaine's finger pressed against his lips, quietly he ushered everyone inside the home. ''Shh, thank you, thank you, but can we keep it down, please? The boss lady doesn't know you guys are here. It's a surprise for her, and she's still sleeping, and she isn't too nice when she's woken up unexpectedly.'' They laughed gently hoping not to make too much noise.

''UH.. shit, let me see. Yeah, I think that's it. Oh, you guys should have everything you need right? If not you're welcome to use anything in my home to your advantage and disposal. Just don't break, or steal shit, I do have security cameras and a black belt. Now I think we can agree to that. Aside from that, we should be good. Yeah, let's make today mad special. Also, once everything is set up and the guests arrive? You all are more than welcome to join the party. Mingle respectfully, eat, drink, and dance, again, thank you, guys.'' He bowed his head to them, showing his appreciation.

Everyone nodded their heads in unison. ''Yes, sir."

Tremaine saluted his hired help and turned walking away, leaving them to begin to bring their items inside to start setting up and decorating upon Tremaine's request.

''Okay,'' He huffed as he jogged back upstairs to his bedroom. Peeking into the room, he saw Stevie tossing around in the sheets. ''Uh oh..'' He whispered as he slipped inside the crack. Disrobing, Tremaine got back into the bed. Easing up behind Stevie, he wrapped his arm around her waist.