Chap.6

The night I came out was the first time in a long time I was able to get those homophobic thoughts before drifting off to sleep, causing even worse dreams, out of my mind. I was proud to say that I slept in until 11.

It had now been 2 weeks since that know as I'm generally a happier person. I didn't have to worry about what to wear or what to say because now everyone knew my little secret.

Troye had said on twitter that he had to come in to l.a. For a couple meetings for his record label so we might meet up or catch up during lunch.

This week has been slow compared to last the year I've had with writing my book, meeting with editors, and amplify so it was nice to finally have a break.

Because I have to be a responsible adult, unfortunately, and restock my fridge, I decided to make a quick trip to whole foods.

I picked up my usual foods like almonds, chicken, spinach, and kale with some treats that were similar what i get in my nature box. I paid and checked out and started walking to my car when I got a call from none other than, troye mellet. I picked it up and smiled because of the id on my phone said troye boy.

" hi conn conn! How's it going?" He almost screamed into the phone.

" I'm good. how are you?" I asked in return.

" I'm good. great actually. do you wanna hang out tonight? I'm free all night." he said, sounding raspy, probably from singing.

" yeah that sounds great. you can go over to my house now. by the time you get there, I should be there from whole foods." I said unlocking my car.

" sounds great. see you soon." he said hanging up the phone.

Just when I was about to get in my car, a group of guys came over to my car. I was use to it since my whole life is on the internet so I closed my door and leaned against my car waiting for them.

" are you Connor franta?" The biggest one asked.

" why yes I am." I half laughed.

" we've watched your recent video. you know your coming out?" The second to tallest said, putting his hand beside my head.

I started feeling as if I should've just got in my car. as if I should've just went to meet troye.

" and we just wanted to show you how we felt." the last one says.

One of the them pushed me, making me the middle of their circle of ridicule. they continued to push me in a circle until the one that had leaned against my car pushed me to the ground. I got myself but my hands slid on the concrete, making them burn and bleed. the biggest one kicked me 3 powerful times in the stomach, kicking the wind out of me.

For whatever reason, they ran away, leaving me bleeding and breathless. I stayed on the ground till I knew I could get up. I climbed into my car and looked at myself in the mirror.

My face had a few cuts on it that were clearly visible. my left cheek had already started to bruise. I saw that the blood on my hands had dried and that blood soaked through my jeans on my knee caps.

I drove all the way home, unhappy and recalling every punch, every kick, every push. When I arrived home, my body had became soar and it hurt to even turn my body. then I saw a car come down the road and it made me realize troye was coming. the car pulled to the side of the road while I fumbled with my keys, trying to make it inside to clean myself up before troye saw me like this. unfortunately I did not as I heard troye run up and hug my soar, tinder body.

I internally hissed in pain since I didn't want to worry him. we walked into my well lite apartment and he looked around while I tried to sneak off to my bathroom.

" hey Connor?" He called for me.

" yeah?" I said walking back into the living room to see what he wanted.

" do you have- oh my god what happened?!" He yelled, noticing my awful appearance.

" it's nothing. I just fell. I'm fine." I said, trying to make him feel reassured.

" then why do you have a shoe print on your shirt and blood on your hands and knees?" He asked, not falling for a thing I said.

My eyes watered and he pulled me into a hug, rubbing circles into my shoulder blades, making me more relaxed.

" now, you go change. I'll get some rubbing alcohol, then we can watch some tv." he said smiling down at me.

I liked that he didn't make me relive what just happened. he knew it was too traumatic, or he already knew what happened. either way, I'm glad he's just willing to help me clean up then be my company for the night.

I changed into an oversize t-shirt and sweatpants that I could roll up easily. When I took off my jeans, I saw that a lot of the blood didn't even soak through. it had dripped down my legs smeared making my legs look white and a maroonish color. I walked out with my knee caps burning when every I bent them. I laid down on the couch and extended my legs onto the coffee table.

Troye shortly came out with three rags in a bowl of rubbing alcohol. he put two of them on knee caps and they quickly burned me. I balled up my first trying to relieve the pain. I got use to it and undid my hand to see crescent shaped indents in my palms.

He then started to clean the cuts on my face with a new rag. he looked at my cheeks, then my lips, then in my eyes. somehow he still managed to clean the cuts without poking my in the eyes. we didn't break eye contact as smiles crept onto our faces. he stopped cleaning my face and just looked at me. he tilted his head and I could tell he was thinking hard behind such a calm face.

" Connor, I know you told me you would tell me when you were ready, but I have to ask. well you go on a date with me? Just one date. if you don't feel emotional ready for it, just tell me. I need to know." He said with big eyes.

I thought about it and I came to a conclusion. one date wouldn't kill me and I'd know I would have fun because I always have fun with troye.

" of course." I said, knowing in my heart it was true.

" really? you have no idea how long it took me to get enough confidence to say that and how good that makes me feel. " he said, his smile continually growing.

" what are we going to do?" I asked, hoping he would tell me instead of a milking it a surprise.

" I was thinking maybe a dinner and a walk on Friday. 6:30?" He asked, clearly excited.

" perfect." I said, blushing and turning away. he grabbed my face and turned me back around.

" I told you to stop that." he told me, trying to be stern.

I smiled and he continued with cleaning my face. He booped my nose and pulled my head my head back a little and smiled as a response. he put the rag on my hands and the burning sensation was back. I breathed out in pain.

" sorry." he said sullenly.

" it's ok. you didn't mean to." I said as he moved the rag away.

He turned on the tv and put it on my recent obsession, modern family.

" ugh. I left my groceries in the trunk of my car." I said as I started to get up. troye pushed my back down.

" I got it." he said, running out the door.

He came back with the food in one trip and put everything but the chicken, which he put in the refrigerator, on the table so I can put them in the proper places later.

He laid back down and I rested my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. he played with my hair while we both watched the tv in silence. I couldn't help but feel like this is the way it's suppose to be.