Chap.52

After several interviews with the adoption agency, we were accepted to start interviewing girls to be adopted.  We have 1 interview with a girl a day. We've interviewed 3 girls before today's interview and I could tell Troye was losing hope.

" Come on, Troye! We're going to be late!" I called.

He ran past me and I shook my head while closing the door. We drove to the orphanage and walked in through the familiar doors. The woman behind the front desk, Helen, walked over to us and walked us to the interviewing room  while telling us about the little girl we would be talking to today.

" Her name is Cecilia. She has been here since she was 3 and was adopted twice. She's a mix of tomboy and girly girl. Hope she's what your looking for." She said while opening the door for us.

Inside the plain room was a little girl sitting at a desk for who knows how long. She had long brown hair that went in loose curls. When we sat down in front of her, I saw that she had green eyes like mine and smiled.

" Hi Cecilia. I'm Connor and this is my fiancé Troye. Can you tell us about yourself?" I said.

" First off, my name is Cece, not Cecilia. I'm into the food, fashion, art, and music industries. I would say I'm outgoing but shy at times." She said.

" Connie, did you hear that? She likes music!" He said, nudging me.

" Yes, I heard. Is there anything you want to know about us?" I asked.

" What do you guys do and when you are you getting married?" She asked.

" Well we both post videos to YouTube, but I have a music company named Well Heard helping upcoming artist become more popular and he is a singer." I said.

" What? You both do the same thing? In music? How is that? It sounds amazing!" She said getting excited.

" It's interesting I would say. We are getting married in March." I said.

" You guys are awesome, and I'm sorry if I came off too strong. I have ADHD and anxiety. It's the reasons I was brought back." She said sullenly.

" Well I have anxiety and Troye is always hyper so we would be use to it." I said.

" Troye can I ask you a question?" She said.

" You just did." He laughed.

" Not even a father yet and you have dad jokes." She said, making me laugh.

" What's your question?" He questioned.

" Where are you from? I can't pinpoint it." She asked.

" Australia, but I was in south Africa till I was 2." He said.

" What do you want to be when you grow up?" I asked.

" I'm not sure yet." She said.

" Do you have any ideas?" Troye asked.

"Either a chef, an artist, a writer, or a music producer." She said.

" That's cool. My sister's a chef." I said, getting her to smile even bigger.

" What's your favorite social media?" Troye asked.

" I'm a tumblr girl for sure." She said, leaning back in her chair.

" That's our favorite site too." He said smiling.

Before we knew it, Helen came in and stood by Cece.

" Well the thirty minutes are up. You can talk about the decision while I take Cecilia back to her room." She said, causing Cece to roll her eyes at the unspeakable name.

" Bye Troye! Bye Connor!" She said over Helen's shoulder.

" Bye Cece!" We both waving.

" I need her." Troye said, turning to me.

" So do I. Let's go out to the lobby and wait on Helen to tell her." I said smiling.

The wait wasn't long because by the time we walked down the corridor, Helen was making her way over to us.

" What do you think of her?" She asked.

" We wanna adopt her." I said, speaking for the both us.

" Wonderful. If you will step into my office, you can start filling out the proper paper work." She said with a fake smile.

After an hour of paper work, we walked out of the office and waited on Helen to come out.

" Ok so you can take her home in about a month since it takes a while to go through the system." She said.

" Could we possible take her out of her once a week?" Troye asked.

" Of course. You can take her out today since she doesn't have piano lessons on the weekends." She said. " Her room is the last on the left."

We walked down the hall and knocked on her door. In the short time of her leaving, she changed out of a blouse and tights to a loose t-shirt, shorts, and a snapback.

" Oh. Troye, Connor, what are you doing?" She asked.

" Well, we just wanted to tell you we are adopting you and.." I said, getting cut off by her tackle of a hug.

" Thank you." She said.

" Is it if we take you out to eat?" Troye asked.

She nodded her head and grabbed her phone with her earbuds. We walked out the door and put her in the back seat.

" Where do you want to eat?" Troye asked.

" Anywhere's good." She said.

" Let's go out for pizza." Troye said, starting to  drive out of the parking lot.

" But that's so unhealthy." I whined.

" Too bad babe." He said.

We arrived at Pizza hut and sat a booth.

" What do you want to drink?" Troye asked towards Cece.

" A lemonade is fine." She said.

" What kind of pizza do you want?" I asked.

" Uh whatever you guys want is fine." She squeaked.

" Come on. You choose." Troye said.

" Tro, people with anxiety have trouble making a decision, especially  for other people." I said before turning to Cece." Which one would you like?".

" Cheese would be great." She said giving me a small smile.

The waiter came over and took our orders. The lunch went great with us learning more about Cece.

" So we hear you can play piano?" Troye said.

" Yeah, it's a hobby of mine, but the other girls get annoyed by it." She said laughing.

" What is your dream room?" I asked.

" Oh I would say that if I could have it any way, I'd want a bed with a big, comfy, white comforter, white walls, with a couple of color paintings to make it pop." She said. " So basically a tumblr bedroom."

We took her back to the orphanage with a goodbye hug and went back to the car.

" Where are we going?" Troye asked.

" We have to do a little remodeling." I said smiling.