Chap.35

With the help of a week of speech therapy and me challenging Connor, He can speak in full sentences, but with a slight stutter on his T's, which I find cute.

" T-troye" Connor called to me.

" Yeah babe?" I asked.

" Can I t-try to do something physical?"
He asked.

" Kate?" I turned around since she was checking his blood pressure.

" Connor, try turning your neck, ok? But if it hurts too much, don't strain yourself." She said looking down at him.

He bite his lip, as he did when he concentrated hard and he was able to move his neck towards me and let out a shaky, nervous laugh.

" Ok Connor! That's great. Now try to the left." Kate spoke.

As before, with some struggle, he move it to the left. He had the biggest grin on his face and I've never him so happy.

" T-Troye, I did it." He said, turning back at me.

" I'm so proud!" I said before giving him a victory kiss.

" Connor, Do you want to try physical therapy today? We have an opening at 2:00 for 30 minutes." She asked.

" Would it help me get out of here faster?" He asked.

" Well, the sooner you walk, the sooner you get out so yes it would." She said with here casual smile.

" Then I will do it, but can T-Troye come?" He said, looking over at me.

" Of course." She said. " I'll go sign you up before its taken. Oh and Troye, Connor is well enough to go to the cafeteria for lunch of you want."

" Come on, T-Troye, We have t-to go!" He stated.

" Ok, come on. We only have an hour before your therapy session. Kate, I need a wheelchair." I said.

She left for a while and came back, rolling a wheelchair with a smile on her face. She parked by Connor's bed and left without a word.

" Ok Connor. Im gonna pick you up, ok?" I said, trying to get him ready for it.

" Ok." he said.

I picked him up bridal style and carried him around to the chair. I sat him down gentle and started pushing him around the corner.

" I forgot t-there was a world outside of my room." Connor laughed.

" It's not gonna be long till you actually leave. I cant want." I said.

We made it to the cafeteria and I moved the chair beside an empty table.

" Ok, Connor, looks like they have either soup or sandwiches. Which one do you want?" I asked

" A sandwich is fine." He said.

" Ok I'll be right back with the food." I said kissing the top of his head.

I stepped into line an grabbed a sandwich with a water and chips. I paid and carried the tray over to Connor, who had a smile plastered on his face.

" Oh, you can have my chips. You can have them." He stated.

" Ok so do you want to a sip of water or eat your sandwich first?" I asked.

" Sandwich." He said.

I feed him till it was gone and i ate his chips and we both sipped on the water.

" Connie, we need to go. Your appointment is coming up and I don't want you to be late. I'm going to put the trash in the garbage bin over there and put the tray up then we'll leave, ok?" I asked.

" Ok."

I threw away the garbage and put the tray in the slot in the window to the kitchen. I wheeled Connor to the therapy room Kate told me about and signed Connor in.

After a while, A male nurse walked over to get Connor and I walked beside him.

" So we are just going to work on the shoulders and hands. Troye you can sit there while I work with Connor." He said, pointing to a chair.

I walked over an leaned back in the chair as he handed Connor a stress ball and told him to try and roll it in his hands. After several minutes of concentration, he was able to roll it was ease. I congratulated him from afar by yelling and he blushed while smiling at me.

The 30 minutes were over quick and by the end of the session, Connor had full use of his hands and arms.

" Ok, Connor you are one of the fastest recovering patients I've worked with. You can come here twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and you should be out of here in no time. Next week we can work on leg and foot movement." He said, rolling Connor over to me.

" That sounds great." Connor said, looking back at him.

I thanked him and rolled Connor to his room. I picked him out of his chair, with him wrapping his arms around me, and sat him down in his bed. I covered him back up in his covers and he smiled in appreciation.

" T-Troye, not t-to be rude, but can you not come t-to my t-therapy sessions?" he asked

" Yeah, but why don't you want me there?" I asked a little hurt.

" It's not t-that I dont want you t-there, I just want to surprise you t-to be super of proud of me when you finally see me stand up and walk." He said smiling.

" Well then ok. I can hangout with Zoe or Tyler. Zoe is actually coming up here next Tuesday so that works out." I stated.

" Troye, Can I see you for a moment?" Kate said, popping her head in the door.

" Yeah, sure. Be right back kitten." I said, kissing Connor.

I walked out to meet Kate.

" Yeah, what's up?" I asked her, crossing my arms.

" two things actually. 1. If Connor continues working the way he is right now in physical therapy, He can be out in 2 weeks." She said, over-excitedly.

" That's awesome." I squealed.

" Now the bad news. Connor has to take antidepressants until his regular therapist says other wise." She said, handing me a prescription.

" Antidepressants? But he seems so happy?" I questioned.

" Yes, while your here. When your not, he just stares at the wall and doesn't talk at all when I try and strike up conversation." She said.

" O-oh okay." I said, walking back into his room.

I sat down in shock and looked over at Connor.

" What was it?" Connor said with a smile.

" Connor, How do you feel emotionally?" I asked.

" Happy." He shrugged.

" Your lying." I snarked back.

" What?" He asked.

" Kate just gave me a prescription for antidepressants." I said, shoving it in his face.

" Troye, I'm sorry." He whimpered.

" Why couldn't you tell me?" I asked, tears in my eyes.

" Because I'm such a burden. This is my third mental disease and they all counter-act with each other. I didn't want you to think I was weak" He sobbed.

I hugged him tight while we both cried.

" You will never be weak or a burden in my eyes. You are stronger than anyone i know."