Chap. 56 family pt.2

" Sage! Tyde!" Troye said as he saw the first of his family arrive off the plane.

" Troye!" They both screamed, Sage dropping her bags and running towards her brother since they would simply delay the reunion.

I went over and picked her bag and saw Laurelle with Shaun arrive from the plane. I walked over and greeted them, carrying their teenage daughter's neon pink duffel bag.

" It's so good to see you, Con." Laurelle whispered into my as we hugged.

" You too, Laurelle." I said.

We walked over to Troye who wa hugging Tyde and talking to both of his siblings, who walked over to his parents and hugged them both. Sage walked over to me, grabbing the bag from by its strap that hung across my shoulder.

" Thanks Con." She laughed awkwardly.

" No problem." I smiled.

After Troye caught up with everyone, I took his hand and excused us over to an empty section of the airport.

" I called an uber to pick me up since we are not going to all fit in our car." I told him.

" No. We can make it work." He whined.

" Troye, stop. If we did, someone would complain and its going to be my fault. Besides, it gives you time to spend time with your family, and it'll take a while, you know, taking them to their hotel, checking them in, putting their bags up, and driving back. I love my parents and all, but I'm not positivity Cels is completely comfortable around them." I said with a sad smile.

" Fine. It feels like we are a cliche couple that get upset if the others gone for five minutes." Troye said, wrapping his arms around me.

" We are that cliche couple." I laughed before stealing a kiss.

____

" Mom?" I called when I entered my house.

" In your room, sweetie." She called.

I made my way down to my room to see her looking at photos I have taken pictures of Troye and I or just Troye.

" He really loves you." She sighed with a smile plastered to her face.

" I love him more." I laughed.

" When was this one taken?" She asked, holding up a picture of Troye.

It was the picture of Troye looking dramatic as he looked towards the sea in front of him. Every time I looked at this photo, I almost felt the wind blowing against my skin, almost smelling the sea salt air.

" Oh, that's in perth. The day after Troye told his family that we were dating. I felt so much happier after that." I gushed. " Where's Cece?".

" In the backyard with your father." She said.

I made my way to the backyard and stood in the doorframe as I watched Cece run circles around her grandfather while he tried to catch her.

" Having fun?" I asked.

" Dad!" Cece said, running up to me, almost knocking me down.

" You ok, dad?" I asked as he was  out of breath.

" Yeah, she's just very active. You need to take her for a run or something." He said.

" Yeah, I know. Cels, go wash up. Your other grandparents, aunt, and uncle, are going to be here soon." I said, pushing her inside.

___

" Daddy! Papa's home!" Cece screamed.

" Cece, listen sweetie. If things get too much with both side of the family here, you just leave the room or tell me ok." I said.

" Yeah, sure." She said quickly.

Troye walked in with his family in tow, who were in awe of our house until they saw Cece sitting on the couch.

" Cels, this is your grandpa Shaun, Grandma Laurelle, Aunt sage, and uncle Tyde." Troye said, inducing  everyone." Everyone, this is Cece."

" She's adorable." Sage squealed.

" I try." Cece said, flipping her hair dramatically.

She went around hugging each of them and talking about her family history. I felt she got along with Tyde and Sage better than the rest of the family since they were only a few years older than her.

" Hey Cels, what happened to your forehead?" Tyde asked.

  She instantly covered up the right side of her forehead with her hand.

" What's wrong with it?" I asked.

" Nothing serious. Just a scar." Tyde said.

" I don't feel comfortable talking about it." She muttered.

" That's fine sweetie." I said.

" Cece, its a scar, nothing to be ashamed of. We are all family here." Troye said.

" No! Troye your being insensitive!" She cried.

Cece walked out of the room with her voice in a higher tone. I flashed Troye a look and proceeded to follow her down the hall. I knocked on the door to her room and she cracked it, letting me in when she knew Troye wasn't there.

" You ok?" I asked.

" You wouldn't understand. You don't have a scar your ashamed of." She said.

" Wanna bet?" I asked, pulling up my sleeve.

" Daddy, did you.." She asked without really finishing.

" Yes, I did. These are my only regrets in life so never ever do it." I told her scooting her into my life.

" I'm guessing the orphanage didn't tell you about my past." She laughed.

" Not really." I said.

" It starts with my mother getting sick at 8 months pregnant. The doctors said it was nothing to worry about, that she'd be fine by I was ready to be born. Well, it turned into something worse and it was too late. She died while delivering me and it was an awful experience. I've seen my birth father hold my brother and sister and he was so happy. I saw how he looked at me for the first time. He looked dead on the inside, like i was nothing. He even called me mistake every day of my life. Anyways, he took drinking and boy did he hate me when he was sober so imagine while drunk. Well one thing led to another and he threw a beer bottle at my head, making me scream, getting the neighbors help me out and calling the cops. My siblings ans I were seperated and I was all my fault. This scar reminds me of everything. It keeps me grounded." She said, her eyes watering.

" Do you know what your mom looks like?" I asked, trying not to cry in front of my baby girl.

" Yet, I keep her picture in my locket." She said opening it.

" You look like her." I said, smiling at her.

" Thank you." She gushed.

" Do you have a picture of you as a baby? I've been meaning to get a couple framed." I said.

She got up and shuffled through her drawers till she found one that she liked.

" You were always cute." I said.

"Daddy, you were meant to be the perfect dad." She said, hugging me. This girl will be the death of me, along of Troye, so I'll die happy.