Chap.30

/////////////////////////////////////
|Attention: This book will continue in | |Troye's Pov till further notice because|
|well, you'll see. |
| |
| Carry on |
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I grabbed the suitcase from the taxi trunk and slammed it down in anger. How dare he?! He knew he was suppose to pick me up. I thought he would be happy to see me since he really doesn't sleep when I'm not there.

I looked at the apartment from distance. All lights off except the lamp by the front door. Maybe he fell asleep? That has to be it. I called connor's phone to let me in since that would be faster. Just like at the airport, no answer. I pounded on it. I heard little movement.

I went into panic mode and picked up several potted plants before finding the one that covered the extra key. My hands fumbled as I tried getting the key into the hole and ran through the apartment.

Beer cans, bottles, and wine glasses littered the floor. My gut sank since he never drank anywhere near this much and you'd think it would kill him with his ocd.

" Connor?!" I asked, running through the halls.

I heard stumbling behind me when i saw Connor leaning on the doorway, needing the extra support.

"Look who's home?" He smiled even though you could tell he was in pain.

" Connor come here. I'll help you to the bathroom. You look like you'll be sick." I said grabbing his arm.

We walked slow so he wouldn't get sick but it was no use. As soon as he saw the toilet, he started puking while i rubbed circles in his back.

It seemed like alcohol poisoning without taking his ocd medication but when he looked up, he didn't look at me. He looked past me. I turned around and saw nothing.

I went to get a rag to wipe the throw up off his chin and he was whisper- shouting at the wall.

" Go away!" He whispered.

" Who are talking too, babe?" I asked.

" no one." he replied calmly.

I brushed it off and looked at Connor. He had become ghostly pale and was wrapping his arms around the front of his body and wincing.

" Whats wrong?" I asked.

" Just a stomach ache." he said.

I brought him a cold rag and when i got back he ha laid down on the bathroom floor. I put it on his forehead and he looked up at me grateful. I leaned down next to him and hear his heavy breathe. I put his head in my lap to try and calm him down.

He closed his eyes and his breathe slowed down, slower then usually. This is when I started to cry. I pulled out my phone, calling 911 for an ambulance, and explaining to the lady Connor's condition, our address, and how long I've known he was in this state.

My whole world started spinning slowly as i looked down at him and him looking half way dead. I heard the ambulance approach from down the street and the paramedics barge in through the door i didn't bother to close.

They heard me call them from the bathroom and they loaded Connor onto a stretcher. they started rolling him out the door and i grabbed hid hand and ran beside him. I sat beside him in the ambulance as paramedics checked his temperature, breathing patterns, and heart rate.

We made it to the hospital and I let them wheel Connor out before getting out. I made my way back to his side but a nurse caught my arm.

" I need to ask you a few questions." She said, holding up a clipboard.

" He needs me." I said tugging at my arm.

" The doctors cant run test without these answers, which wont help, and i know you don't want that." She said sitting me done.

" Ok. Whats the first question?" I asked, giving up.

" Name?"

" Troye mellet."

" Patients name?"

" Connor Franta."

" Is the patient on medicine?"

" medication for anxiety and ocd."

" has the patient had in alcohol within 24 hours?"

" Yes, but im not sure how much."

" any weird behavior? Out of the ordinary?"

" Yeah, he threw up, he talked to the wall, he had stomach pains, loss of breathe, loss of balance, and he was really tired."

" relation to the patient?"

" Brother." i said lying through my teeth. i knew if it was serious, they'd only let family in.

" look, i can tell he's not a brother , he's a lover. I'll write down what you said because he really needs someone and here you are. You wait here while we run test." She said, walking off in the direction Connor was rolled.

The minutes were scrunched together but moved very slowly. I'd look at the time every so often and think of what I should be doing.

10:35- I should be making fun of a bad movie with Connor

11:15- I should be wrapped around Connor as he tries to fall asleep even though he's constantly looking at tumblr.

11:37- I should be appreciating Connor being there with me.

But I'm not. I had an instant wave of guilty come over me since that's my natural default setting.

If you were there instead of Australia, He wouldn't be here.

You were mad when he didn't pick you up.

You didn't think anything was wrong even after missed calls and unanswered texts.

You were only thinking of yourself.

" Troye mellet?" I heard.

I jumped up to my feet to run over to the nurse. She walked me down to Connor's room. I looked through the window. He had tubes going in and out of him and it sickened me to see him like this. His heart monitor was steady which meant they had gotten that under control. His eyes were closed and i smiled.

" So when can he go home? " i asked hopeful.

" Im sorry sir, you don't understand." she said, knowing something i didn't.

" What don't i understand?" I asked, my throat clenching.

" He had an overdose compromised with alcohol, making the overdose much worse, and him having almost 3 times the maximum alcohol in the bloodstream, caused his body to go into shock, causing him to slip into a medicated- alcohol induced coma." She said, hanging her head.