Chap.18

I woke up to a door slamming and a faint whimper in the room. I sat up, leaning on my arms behind me, and looked over at Sage crying bed eyes out.

" Sage? What's wrong?" I asked raspy since I just woke up.

" Oh, Connor. I didn't mean to wake you even though it's kinda late to be sleeping. It's just me and troye got in a fight in my room and he stormed into Tydes room, now I know so he wouldn't wake you, and I didn't want to stay in there because I kept thinking of the fight so I thought I'd come in here." she sniffled out.

" What happened?" I asked, patting the bed for her to seat down next to me.

" He was smiling at his lock screen and I asked him 'what it was of ' and he said 'it was nothing' and I dropped it. Then he became really stressed anD I asked him 'what was wrong' and he said ' nothing.' I finally had enough of all the secrets and asked ' why are you hiding things from me' and he said ' it was none of business' and I told him ' if something was wrong with him, it was my business' an it went on and on until he slammed the door. We've had fights before but they were stupid little kid fights over toys or food. This time it was serious." She cried out.

" It's ok. He's just really stressed out with work." I said, holding her along the sides so she'd feel comforted.

" He use to tell me everything. Everything that was wrong. Why won't he tell me, Connor? What did I do wrong?" She wailed out, her head in her hands.

" Nothing. He's just stressed with traveling, YouTube, a relationship, family, a personal life, a social life, keeping his fans updated on all his social medias, and his new album." I said hugging her tight.

" Wait. A relationship. He told you he's in a relationship and not me. Does mom and dad know?" She asked, on the verge of tears again.

" I don't think so." I said.

" Why is he keeping things from us?! Does he not trust us?" She cried.

" It's not that he doesn't trust you. He's just afraid you think he's moving to fast." I said.

" We just want him happy." she sniffled.

" Do you wanna know who he's boyfriend is?" I said, trying to make her feel better.

I knew she needed to know today. same with the rest of the mellets, but sage needed to know now. I trusted her more than enough to keep it from the rest till we told them ourselves.

" I don't to hear it from anyone other than Troye or his boyfriend." she said, resting her head on my shoulder.

" you would be." I said, bracing myself for her excitement.

She leaned back to look at me. She was puzzled for a minute before she realized I was being serious. Her smile grew bigger, but she sent me mixed signals by crying.

" What's wrong?" I asked, nervous because I thought she thought I wasn't good enough for her brother.

" I'm just so happy my brother found such a sweet, generous, handsome man to date." She smiled, wiping her tears.

" thanks sage." I said, laughing.

" I mean it. You are always there for me or any of the family. You make us all so happy when you visit and I'm called you brought him out here so I could celebrate his birthday with him. I don't think he could have anyone better." she said looking me in the eyes.

" Sage." I said, having to wipe away some tears from my eyes. " your making me cry."

" We are telling the rest of the family tonight and I was wondering if you wouldn't tell them." I said.