Chap. 54

" Do we really have to have a party just for me being adopted?" Cece asked.

" Our friends want to meet you. It'll be fine." Troye promised.

" I'm going to my room while they come." She said, running to her room.

" I hope she'll be ok. Zoe even came all the way here just to meet her." I said.

" She'll warm up to the idea, Con." He said.

" She hasn't even called either one of us dad." I sighed.

" It's going to take some time." He said hugging me.

After a while, we had to go pick up Zoe from the airport.

" Come in Cece. We gotta go." Troye called.

She shuffled her way to the car and flopped onto the back seat. We were halfway there when I heard her groan.

" Can at least see what I'm going to have to deal with back here?" She sighed.

I scrolled through my photos till I found a photo from the last time she visited and zoomed in from just her.

" You didn't tell me she was pretty." She said.

" I told you she was pretty." Troye said.

" You didn't say she was that pretty." She said.

I laughed and grabbed my phone from her.

" It's cute that your home screen is just Troye." She said.

" Awe Connie." He said.

" I know I'm yours so don't go sentimental on me. Besides Cece is my lock screen." Troye said.

" Well you and daddy Con are my lock and home screen so I win." She said before her eyes grew big.

" What did you just say?" I asked, turning around with a smile on my face.

" I'm so sorry Con. I didn't mean to." She said.

" No, it's ok. I've been waiting for that for a week now." I said out of relief.

" Why did he get called dad first?" Troye practically screamed.

" Because your literally 7." She said, earning a high hive from the front seat.

We arrived at the airport and Cece dragged me towards a bench closest to the gate that Zoe would be arriving in.

" Why did we have to get here so early?" Cece yawned.

" Because if Zoe got a later flight it would be 2 days late." Troye said.

" It's 8 in the morning." She whined.

" Wait till next week." Troye mumbled getting me to snicker but she heard neither of us.

" How long till her flight lands?" She huffed.

" We got here pretty early. Maybe 30 minutes?" I said.

" Can I go back to sleep? She asked.

" Sure sweetie. I'll wake you when Zoe gets here." I said.

She laid across our laps, resting her head on Troye's leg. I was amazed at how fast she could fall asleep as soon as I could hear her breathe soften.

" This is what I've always wanted. A loving family." I said, kissing Troye afterwards.

Zoe eventually made it and walked over to us since we couldn't get up with Cece on our laps. I caressed her head so Troye could get up and I picked her up and gently shaking her to wake up. She started to stir and I sat her on her feet as she rubbed her eyes.