Chap. 48

" Troye! The open house appointment is in 30 minutes! Hurry up!" I called.

This was our 3rd appointment for an open house and I was starting to lose hope in finding our future home. We have tried one in west hollywood and one in Los Angeles with this one being in long beach.

It took 15 minutes to get from L.A. so by the time we found the house, It was time for our tour. It was beautiful on the outside. It was a blue victorian house with a wrap-around porch. We walked on the sidewalk that separated the 2 sides of the yard, up the small flight of stairs, and knocked on the door.

A cheerful lady, a forced smile that was pretty clear, opened the door and lead us into the house. It opened into a rather large den with a fireplace in the very front. I imagined us having a couch against the back wall but on romantic nights sitting on a rug covering the hardwood floor with the fireplace warming us even more than our body heat ever would. It was a nice shaped room with great potential in decorating it.

She started walking till she took us to a white door and opening it to show us the kitchen. It had an island-countertop- stove type of thing going on with it in different sections of it. I reminisced in the thought of Troye cooking dinner while I sat on the countertop, admiring him in my presence.

To the left of the kitchen was the dining room. It had enough open space for a long wooden table to be placed with multiple matching chairs. It had a small chandelier in the middle of the room that was operated by a dimmer switch.

She lead us down the hall, showing us the closets where I hoped to hang our children's coats someday, and the bathroom, where I knew Troye and I would be fighting for mirror space.

We had finally gotten to the 2 bedrooms. We looked at the master bedroom, which, of course, would be ours, first. This would probably be where I spend most of my time with editing, sleeping, cuddling, you know, the essentials. It had this feeling that played with your heart strings thinking about spending the rest of my life with Troye in here.

We went to the guest-bedroom and I walked around it. The size was medium and I knew when the time was right, this wasn't going to be the guest bedroom. It was our daughter, or son, or neither. You never know.

The final thing we went to see was the backyard. It had a patio with sun visor on it, overlooking the yard our kids would run around in as I read a book while Troye cooked something on the grill.

We went back inside and Troye asked for a minute to talk about it, which she happily excused herself to.

" Whatcha think?" He said, turning towards me.

" We need this house. I can see the rest of our lives in this house when I couldn't see two weeks into the other places." I pleaded.

" I can see it too, but let me deal with the listing price. If she knows we are wanting the house, she'd jack up the price much higher. Why don't you go to to the living room and wait?" He explained.

" Ok." I said before kissing him on the cheek.

I went to the living room and sat down on the ground in front of the fireplace and wondered exactly how I wanted the room to look. After a while, Troye walked in and offered his hand to help me up. I accepted it and stood up, still not his full height, looking up at him with hopeful eyes.

" Well?" I asked, messing with his coat sleeves.

" I got it at a lower listing price." He smiled.

I hugged with so much force that Troye had to spin on his left foot to keep the both of balanced.

" She said when can start moving furniture in tomorrow, but we can start painting tonight if we like." He said.

" I want to keep the bedroom white. Maybe the bathroom can be yellow, the kitchen can be green, the dining room red , the guest room blue, and the den tan?" I said, looking back at him.

" Sounds good to me. We need to finishing packing. All we have left is some clothes and bathroom stuff right?" He asked.

" Yeah yeah, but I think it'll just take forever for painting between the 2 of us." I sighed.

" We could invite some friends over?" Troye offered.

" That sounds good and all, Troye, but people have things to do, they wouldn't to spend that time painting somebody else's walls." I sighed.

" We could buy them dinner?" He said more as a question.

" You sure do know our friends on team internet can't say no to free food." I said, shaking my head.

We went back to our old apartment and while Troye finished up packing, I called several friends and asking if they were available.

I had gotten Joey and his boyfriend Daniel, Tyler, Ingrid, and I was lastly calling Hannah. After two rings, She picked, excited like always.

" Hello?"

" Hi Hannah! How have you been?"

" Connor! Oh, I've been good actually What about yourself?"

" Great. Troye and I finally found a house 15 minutes out of L.a. And has a great neighborhood."

" That's wonderful Connor."

" Anyways, I was wondering if you would help us paint with some other friends and in return we take you guys out for dinner."

" I'd love to, but you don't have to do that."

" Hannah, It's the least I can do." I said.

" Well, ok."

" Wear old clothes you wouldn't mind paint to get on and bring clothes for going out. You can come any time after 12."

" Sound like a plan. Bye Connor."

" Bye."

I felt everything coming into place in my life. I had a beautiful, caring fiance, wonderful friends, jobs that let us both stay at home that has the best hours and great pay, a gorgeous house, and a wedding being planned by Ingrid, Zoe, and I.

" Connor?" Troye called.

" Yeah?" I answered.

" Has Ingrid managed to pin pointed a wedding date yet?" His voice echoing down the hall.

" March 15." I said happily,walking down the hall and standing in the door frame. " The exact day of our girl's night."

" I can't believe you remember that." Troye snickered.

" How could I not?" I said, lookig at him longingly.