Chap.36

" How's Connor doing?" Zoe and Tyler asked in sync.

They decided to take me out to lunch since I haven't been out much.

" Good good. Today is his last day in the hospital and his last therapy session." I said, sipping on my coffee.

" Oh, so he can walk?" Zoe asked.

" Yeah, but I haven't seen yet. He wants it to be a surprise." i said, sitting the cup down.

" Can we come? I really want to support him." Tyler asked.

" Of course." I said. " We need to get going then. By the time we get to the hospital, He'll be out." I said, scooting my chair in.

We all paid and left a tip and headed to Tyler's car. He drove with me in the backseat as Zoe called shotgun. We made it and I lead them to the therapy room. I walked over and saw Connor standing on a pad with 2 bars along the side for support for walking.

" Connor!" I yelled, extremely happy to see him.

" Troye!" He said, leaning on the poles.

I got at the end of the bars and watched him with my hands to my face. He would reach with his hands out on the bar and move his legs forward.

" Ok, Connor just show him." Mark, his physical therapist said.

It confused me before I saw Connor take his hands of the bar and walk easily towards me. I broke down in tears and he kissed me on the lips. It was liberating to kiss him without having to go half my normal height.

" I'm just so happy for you." I cried, wiping tears from my face.

" Thank you. Can we go back to the room?" He asked.

" Yeah of course." I said wrapping my arm around him.

Zoe and Tyler hugged and congratulated Connor and hugged back. We walked to his room and sat and talked before Kate walked in with the release forms. Connor filled it out and handed it back to her. I hugged her tight, her squeezing back, and said our final goodbyes.

I walked out to my car with Connor and we slammed our doors.

" Connor, to celebrate your release, I have planned a lovely dinner for tonight." I said, putting the car into drive.

" Is that so? Well then I will get myself dressed up then." He laughed.

" Im dropping you off at Tyler's. Zoe is going to be there as well. You can't come to the house because I'm getting the house ready." I said.

" Oh, so the dinner is at our house. Fancy." He said while laughing.

" Yes, Tyler said he will drop you off when I text him I have everything ready and you are ready." I said.

" I can't wait." Connor said, just above a whisper.

It took a while till we had gotten to Tyler's apartment, but when we did, Connor hopped out after giving me a kiss and walking up to the door. I saw Tyler pull him and slam the door as I started to drive off.

When I arrived back at the apartment, I grabbed the chicken from the fridge, put it in a pan, and put it in the oven. I headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

After a shower, I put on an old pair of shorts and a T-shirt. I went back to the kitchen and started cooking the rice and green beans. I got out 2 plates ready for the food when they get ready.

I checked on the chicken and took it out, setting it on the counter. After carving the chicken, I put a leg and thigh on Connor's plate and a leg and breast on mine. I scooped rice and green beans on both plates.