Chap.5o

It's been 2 days since Troye and I have officially moved into our house. I love that word, our. I never really shared when I was younger or when I lived with the O2L boys, but I found everything was worth sharing with Troye. Our house. Our bed. Our friends. Our family. Our marriage. Our life.

We had a housewarming party and many of our youtube friends came, celebrating the new step we were taking in our relationship. It was the perfect opportunity to hand out the wedding invitations and the only people we have left to give them to is our separate families, which isn't a problem since my family is coming to L.A. For the Thirst Gala tomorrow and we are heading to Sydney a day after the gala for Troye's album, chances are Laurelle or Shaun will arrive at the studio.

Meanwhile, I was constantly trying to distract myself from the gala coming up because I was incredible nervous. What if I messed up on my words? What if I said something wrong? What if I tripped on stage? Questions like this flooded my head out of nowhere at times and its all I thought about, making Troye nervous for my health , but I insisted it was fine.

" Troye, I'm gonna go for a run, get a look around the neighborhood, you know? Wanna join?" I asked.

" You know me better than anybody... So why would you ask that question?" He laughed.

" What was I thinking?" I laughed.

I kissed him on the temple before telling him bye and closing the door. I usually ran to get the stress away since exercise reduces stress.

The run was fine by itself, but the neighborhood looked welcoming and beautiful. Most of the childern were in front or backyards, their laughter echoing into my ears, making me anxious for when I have kids one day.

I was almost completely done with my run when I decided to take a break within 5 minute walking distance of the house. I sat on the curb and checked my phone, trying to catch me breathe when I heard rustling in the bushes on the opposite side of the sidewalk. I looked through cracks of the branches of the bushes to see green eyes starring back at me, realizing it was a stray cat.

" Kitty, here kitty!" I tried tempting it.

After a while, It slowly exposed itself to me. I started petting it and it rubbed itself against my leg. I took a closer look at it to see if anything was wrong with it. It couldn't be more than 6 months old and was dangerously skinny. It had a creme color body with brown face, paws, and a little tip of the tail. The only thing wrong with it was that it walked with a limp on its left front paw.

My mind raced as I decided what to do. I couldn't leave it here, could I? Troye couldn't get that mad could he? I picked it up and it was much lighter than I expected even though I could see its ribs.

" Ok, we are gonna go home, but we gotta hide you from Troye for maybe like an hour or two. We gotta make you look good so Troye won't be as made." I whispered into her ear.

Luckily, Troye left to do something since he left a note on the front door saying he got a ride from Joey to whole foods. I put her in the guest room and closed the door. With Joey's usual trips to whole foods, I have 2 hours at the most so I needed to start getting ready.

I rode down to Pet smart and got several supplies such as food, liter, a literbox, collar, and some toys, with everything I put in that cart, I knew Troye was gonna be madder and madder at me, but I was technically saving a life so that is a future Connor problem.

I checked out and raced home and unloaded the car, putting everything into the guest room and cleaning up around the house before going back to the guest room and sitting on the bed with the cat.

" Now, what are gonna name you?" I asked, getting a meow as a reply.

" You look like coffee. What about mocha?" I asked with her rubbing her head on my arm.

" Mocha Josephine Franta- Mellet it is." I smiled.

I put her collar on then heard the front door slam. I ran out of the room and met Troye in the kitchen.

" Hi." I said before he turned around and kissed me on the cheek.

" Ok, I love you, but you stink. You need a shower." He laughed.

" I know. What did you get?" I asked.

" Well, some fruit, a bunch of greens.." He said before he was interrupted by a crash from the back of the house.

" Is someone here?" He asked.

" No." I said before we heard a thud.

" Stay here. I'm gonna check it out." He whispered.

I turned around and bite my lip because I knew what was coming. I just didn't know the reaction and that was the worst part.

" Connor?" He called.

" Yeah?" I winced.

" Why is there a cat in here?" He asked.

" What cat?" I questioned, denying all of it.

I heard footsteps approaching and my heart pounded hard against my chest.

" This cat." He said, carrying mocha in his arms.

" Oh... that cat." I said.

" You know I hate cats." He said, putting her down.

" I couldn't help it, Troye. She was practically starving and had a limp and looked at me with these sweet eyes. I couldn't leave her." I said, getting overwhelmed and it was appearing more in my voice the longer I talked.

He took me into a hug and cooed into my ear to calm me down.

" Con, one day your big heart is going to get you in trouble." He said.

" ,But not today?" I asked, listening to Troye's heartbeat, one of the safest sounds I know.

" Not today." He sighed.