Chap.31

My whole body went numb. I sat down by the chair outside his room because i thought i was going to faint.

" Sir, are you ok?" She asked, putting her hand on my shoulder.

" Uh yeah.. just I'm not sure what to do." I said.

" The door's unlocked whenever your ready to go in." She said, giving my shoulder a squeeze before walking back to the nurses' desk.

I sat there, looking at the floor. My heart was in my stomach and it was hard to breathe. I tried to walk in, multiple times, but i couldn't stand to see him there, not knowing when he'll wake up. How would I tell people? Who can I tell first? I need someone right now to support me, help me go.

I went to the bathroom and stood in a stall and i broke down, tears cascading down my face. I scrolled through my contacts tell I got to Tyler's number. After several rings, he picked up.

" hi!" He yelled.

" Tyler.." I said, wiping a tear from my face.

" What's wrong?" He asked, getting serious.

" It's Connor." I said, my voice cracking.

" What's wrong with Connor?" He asked frantic.

" He's in the hospital. Can you come down? I cant bare to go in alone." I pleaded.

" Im out the door right now. What's his room number?" He said.

" 193 on the 2nd floor. east wing." I sniffled.

" Ok. I'll see you soon."

He said, me hearing a slamming car door in the background.

" ok.." i said trailing off.

" Look, its gonna be ok. I promise. I have to go so I can drive. Bye troye." he said.

" Bye tillie." i said hanging up.

I grabbed some toilet paper and dried my eyes before throwing it away and going back out to my seat. I waited 30 minutes before I saw tyler jogging down the hall. I stood up and opened my arms. He accepted my hug and patted my back, making me feel better.

" Now what happened?" He asked, pulling apart from me.

" He took too much medicine mixed with various alcohol and now he's in a coma." I sad, trying to hold back tears.

" Have you been in there yet?" He asked.

" No. I cant bare to look at him and not knowing when he'll wake up." i said.

" Come on, Troye. You need this." He said, pulling me up.

He opened the door and let me walk in before him. I looked at Connor and smiled. Some color had return to him making him look alive. I grabbed a chair and moved it as close as the bed as possible while Tyler sat in the chair by the heart monitor. I grabbed Connor's cold hand and kissed his knuckle.

" Hi connie. Im not sure you can hear me but if you can. I need you to fight, ok? You need to pull through this. I know you can because your strong willed and a fighter. I just hope that you can see me soon because I hate seeing you like this." I said smiling.

" Was it that hard?" Tyler laughed.

" Yes it was, but I have to be strong, for Connor's sake." I said through a smile.

The nurse from before who asked me questions walked back into the room with the clipboard and hung it on a hook on the front of Connor's bed.

" Hi Troye. I'm going to be Connor's main nurse so if anything happens or you need to know, ask for Kate. I see you have a friend here in this time of need. Thats good to have." She said with a caring smile. " There was just one question I was waiting to ask and I needed you to be calm, which you are now."

" What is it?" I asked.

" Did Connor ever show signs of depression?" She asked.

" Wait, are you asking if Connor tried to kill himself?" I asked, some-what in rage.

" We are just trying to get all the facts, Troye. You know, to help Connor when he comes to." She smiled.

" Well, The only thing he's had was insomnia. He has had a history of depression though." I puffed out.

" Thank you, Troye. That helps a lot." She said, walking over to me. " He's gonna be ok. I promise."

" Thank you , Kate. " I said giving her a hug.

She walked out and i turned to Tyler.

" Do you think he tried to kill himself?" I said, choking up.

" The only person who knows the real answer is not able to speak at the moment." He said with a smile.

I looked at my phone and read the time. 1:42 a.m. I watched tyler cover his mouth to hide his yawn.

" Tyler, I didn't realize the time. It all happened so fast it didn't feel this late. You go home and get some rest." I said.

" Ok, Can i come back tomorrow?" He asked, getting up from his chair.

" Yeah, of course. Drive safe." I said, leaning back in my chair.

" Your not leaving?" He asked.

" No, I'm going to sleep here over night. I haven't seen him in a while and I really don't want to go back to the apartment yet." I sighed.

" I understand. Bye Troye." He said, giving me a hug.

" Bye tillie." I yawned.

I whipped out my phone and started doing research on Connors condition. I figured out that most comas last 2-4 weeks and if they didn't wake up then, they enter a semi-comatose cycle when its unpredictable when they wake up.

I slouched in my chair and tried to get comfortable. Kate brought me an extra blanket and turned off the light for me. I thanked her and fell asleep while letting mine and connors intertwined hands dangle as his drifted off the bed so i could feel closer to him. He might be right by me, but he was mentally across the world from me while all this happened was because i was with him mentally and not physically.