Chap.27

I woke up groggy as ever and shuffled in the kitchen. I had worn Troye's flannel pajama pants to bed and they were barely hanging on to my hip as i walked. He stood quietly, drinking his coffee while looking out the window. I went behind him, nuzzling my face into his back, wrapping my arms around his waist.

" Hey, cuddle bunch." He said.

" Hey, jay bird." I said in a raspy tone.

" You ready for today?" He said, grasping my hand.

" What's today again?" I asked.

" Your doctors appointment." He gulped.

" I cant go. The apartment's a wreck." I said extending my arms to show all the chaos that has happened.

" Connor, every day since we talked about the doctors appointment you have been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. You haven't took a break from it. You didnt go to bed till 1 in the morning and you smelled like furniture polish." He said, tears arriving in his eyes.

" So i like to be tidy. So what?" I laughed.

" Connor, this is serious. You have a problem." He whined.

" Well, we will see at the doctors office." I huffed.

I made myself some coffee and eggs for both Troye and I. After finishing, I changed into my old sweatshirt that has paint splatters over it and jeans. Troye dragged me out to the car and he revved the engine.

" You ready?" He asked, putting his hand on my knee cap.

" Yeah." I said with shaky breathe.

" It's going to be ok. No matter what." He said, squeezing my leg.

I gave him a nervous smile in response.. The car ride was blared with music and we both sang, trying to shake off our nerves.

We entered the doctors office and we sat down on a hard, uncomfortable bench in front of a coffee table covered in scattered magazines. I starred at the unorganized mess in front of me and started to get frustrated. I looked at all the titles and stacked them in alphabetical order.

I looked over at Troye and he gave me a sad smile.

" I'm sorry tro." I said sullenly.

" Its ok. You cant help it." He whispered.

After we were left alone in the room after strangers passed by us after a nurse called them in, It was our turn.

" Mr. franta?" He called out.

My heart skipped a breathe and my breathe was caught. I stood up and my world felt like it was ending every step. Troye wrapped himself around my arm and anchored me back to earth.

The nurse walked us past rooms and led us into appointment room. Many elaborate paintings were hung all around making me calmer.

" The doctor will be here shortly." He said, closing the door.

I sat on the lounge chair covered in paper to keep it clean between patients and laid back. Troye sat on a wooden seat the left of me since the doctor would be to my right. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight.

After a while, a women in scrubs walked in and sat to my right.

" Hi Connor, Im doctor warren and whats wrong with you today?" She asked, turning around to her computer.

" My boyfriend wanted me to see if i had a diagnosable case of anxiety." I said looking over at Troye.

" Ok, do you feel you might have anxiety?" She said, turning back around on her swivel chair.