Chap.8

Today was the third Friday of April. no big deal right? Wrong. Troye and I agreed that Fridays were our date night. it's weird. it's like he's my best friend but more now.

Our second date was at a minigolf course. it was one of those inside glow in the dark ones where the putters, golf balls, and the walls the golf balls hit would glow.

Troye would get behind me and help me line up my putter with the hole. one time he tried to take his arms away but I pulled them back and he giggled. god that giggle.

I finally did do it by myself and made a hole in one. I turned around, surprised since I've never been good at sports except cross country, and hugged him around the neck. he was surprised, but slowly hugged me around my waist.

The best part to me was that when Troye turned around too fast he spilled his drink on me. He immediately ran to get napkins and he patted on my shirt to help it dry. he constantly rambled about how he was sorry and how it was ok if I didn't want to go another date with him.

" it's ok!" I said, grabbing the sides of his face so he could look at me.

When I did this, I brought his face up a little. if he wanted to kiss me, he could've, with no trouble and little movement . he went back to patting my shirt while smiling.

Today is our third date. we decided on a simple night in, watching movies, and cooking. Troyes coming over in 20 minutes with what he wanted to cook.

The twenty minute vacancy was filled with multiply social media platforms. I opened the door and grabbed one of the 2 bags of food.

" so what are we going to make?" I asked looking up at troye.

" spaghetti." he said smiling.

" yummy! Pasgetti!" I yelled like i use to say it when I couldn't say my s's right.

I brought the ingredients in the kitchen and laid them out on the counter. I put a pan and boiler on top of the stove. I prepared the sauce and put it in the pan while I poured 3 cups of water in the boiler.

Troye put on music while he sat on top of the counter. I started shaking my hips and slowly progressed into a full dance. his playlist went from an upbeat song to a slow dancing song.

" troye boy... will you dance with me?" I asked, batting my eyelashes wildly.

" fine." he muttered.

I grabbed his hand and let him lead. we moved out feet in sync, looking into each other's eyes. we laughed once the song was over because we realized we were such dorks.

The sauce started to bubble so I cut the heat down just a little. the water in the boiler started to roll so I put in the raw noodles.

" how's it taste?" Troye asked

I got the spoon and blew on it. I held it to his face. he ate it and leaned his back.

" a- fucking- mazing." He said, talking with his hands for gestures.

I started to stir the sauce so it wouldn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Troye walked behind me and rested his head on my shoulder, looking at what I was doing, while wrapping his arms my waist.

After a while, I was done and made us both a plate. I sprinkled mine with cheese while he kept his plain. I let him pick the movie, finally ending up on mama.

" no, not a horror movie. anything else." I begged.

" come on. it won't be that bad." he said, pulling ms closer.

I felt safer with him beside me, holding me, and letting me rest my head next to his. I ate my food and then leaned against troye. I hid my face in his chest whenever something scary and I could feel him smile above my head. I heard his heart best incline and not even on a scary part.

" you okay?" I asked.

" yeah." he said, looking at me weird.

I leaned back against his chest until the movie was over. I stretched and took our plates to the sink. Troye was waiting by the door, holding his keys in his keys in his hands.

" see you next week?" I asked, hugging him.

" there's been something I need to ask." troye said with an uneasy breathe.

" yeah?" I said, more like a question.

" will you, um, will you be my boyfriend?" He asked, clearly nervous.

The question rang in my head. it made me feel excited and terrified. excited to finally have a name for the person that was my best friend but more. terrified because this is uncharted territory for me. I've only been in relationships with girls so it scares me to be in this mystery state.

" yes." I said simply even though I was internally screaming.

" I'm so glad." He said, grabbing my hand immediately.

This was the first time I was ok with my upset stomach...