Chap.13

Tyler dropped us off a while ago and told us he'd pick us back up at 8. Troye was pretty happy about it while I, on the other hand, was freaking out. I don't know what to think of a place like that. the only club I had been was with my friends and they had rented out a section for the party that I stayed in the whole time.

" conn, you ok?" Troye asked, waving his hand in front of my face.

I must've been in deep thought because he looked concerned.

" yeah, I guess." I said, not sure what to say.

" no your not. what's wrong?" He asked, reading me like a book.

" I'm just nervous for tonight." I said.

" oh, we can cancel if your not comfortable." he said, starting to pick up his phone.

Now I feel guilty. he hasn't seen tyler in such a long time and I know he was looking forward to spending time with him because both of their schedules are so busy.

" no no no. I'm just saying I'm nervous for what I'm going to do first: dance or watch you take some shots with Tyler?" I said, plastering a smile on for Troye.

" watch us take shots for sure. You can watch me beat Tyler at his own game."he said grabbing my hand after putting his phone down.

" have you seen his collabs with sawyer? You're going down." I laughed out.

" yeah yeah, we'll see." he said, acting cocky.

Connor, there are sacrifices in relationships. it'll be worth it once you see the smile on his face, the joy in his eyes, and hear the heartfelt laughter rolling off his pink, soft lips.

}{} sorry for time skips but here's another one}{}{

Tyler's coming by in a minute and I'm extremely scared. what even happens in a club that I'm so scared of? I looked in the mirror to try and regain my confidence, but the longer I looked in the mirror, the more reasons I found to stay in and have a pity party. I was brought back to earth when Troye wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulders.

" you look great." he whispered, his breathe on my neck making the hairs on the back of it stand it.

I never saw what Troye saw. he saw someone who was confident, strong, handsome, smart, kind, and funny. I saw a monster. I saw someone who pushed people away. someone who was too socially awkward especially since their life was on the internet. someone who snapped way to often on people when they tried to help them. someone with a mask that was a smile. someone who tried way to hard to be happy even though they could never bring themselves to do it.

" babe, did you hear me? I said you looked great." he repeated since I didn't reply and frowned at the mirror.

I wore a dark navy blue button up, a black cover-up, black skinny jeans, black army boots, and a watch I had gotten for christmas.

" oh sorry. thank you. you look great too." I said, flustered.

He wore a hawian shirt that looked ugly by itself but when just the pop collar was showing from being covered up by a black sweater, it was quite attractive. he had on blue jeans and normal black chuck Taylor's. His phone buzzed in his pocket and he replied to it quickly.

" Tyler's here." he said simply.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me through the entire apartment. he let go at the door, almost instinct, and walked outside to Tyler's car. this time I got in the back so troye and Tyler would have some extra time to catch up.

Tyler drove us to the club and it was only 15 minutes away from my apartment. it was a building that had the music so loud, the closer you got, the more the ground shook. The Security let us all in after a long wait and a close looking at troye's i.d. since he looks so young.

Troye was instantly dragged off by Tyler so I found my way to the bar. I sat on one of the stools and scrolled through my social media platforms. most of the notifications were from fans but one caught my eye.

' @connorfranta thank you for saving my life'

I got overwhelmed and teary eyed because moments like that make me realize that I have suck an influence on people and I make them happy.

I was suddenly tapped on the shoulder by a 23-ish looking man who sat down next to me. his shirt made his muscles pop, if it was on purpose, I was certain of.

"How's it been?" He asked.

" good. how about you?" I asked in return.

" great. I just got this new tattoo." he said pointing to his shoulder.

He pulled his shirt down a little to expose the whole thing. it was of a gay pride flag inside of a heart.

" nice. it looks good." I said turning back to my phone.

He called over the bartender and asked for 2 shots. he slid one over to me and I looked puzzled.

" I'm buying you a drink." he said.

" oh no thanks. I'm the designated driver." I said, pushing it to him.

" ok then." he said before drinking down both shots of the rancid liquid.

" I'm brad." he continued.

" Connor" I said introducing myself.

" wanna dance?" He asked.

" no thanks. my boyfriend can get kind've jealous." I said, trying to give him a hint.

" I don't see your boyfriend anywhere." he persisted.

Then came an already drunk Troye. how did he even get alcohol? He wasn't even near the bar and is too young for it anyways.

He started yelling at brad and I dragged him out before he was an even bigger embarrassment to himself and to me.

" troye, what the hell was that?!" I yelled.

" that dude was hitting on you and your my boyfriend! I wasn't going to just stand there!" He slurred out. He was now in my face and the alcohol was clearly there on his breathe, making my eyes burn even more from not trying to cry in front of Troye.

" I had just told him I had a boyfriend before you wobbled over." I said in a quieter manner. " wait, did you think I was flirting back?"

It was pure silence. then I turned around to see an upset tyler.

" you didn't tell me you guys were dating." he whimpered.

" I'm sorry ty. I'll tell you later." I said to him because hopefully he'll blackout all of tonight and I won't have to tell him.

I put both Tyler and Troye in the back while I drove. Tyler was going to stay the night and leave in the morning. I got home and helped Tyler to the guest room and made sure he was situated before getting Troye. I put Troye on the couch because I was still pissed at him.

' how could he think that?!'

' he's the only guy I've looked at like I do.'

' is he always going to be like this when I talk to a guy?'

' was it just the alcohol talking?'

I hoped for the last one because I didn't know the answer to any if these questions.