Chap.19 birthday pt.1

I heard the annoying repetitive loop of the alarm on my phone going off. I quickly turned it off so Troye wouldn't hear it. I wanted him to be sleeping as long as I was cooking for him because it would run the surprise if he just waltz right in while making him his birthday pancakes.

I ran downstairs where only sage and tyde were up. They smiled but looked exhausted so the laid there heads back to get a little rest. I told them to get up so they could help me cook and sing to him to get him up. They looked so tired because I told them to get up at 6 that I let them be while I got ready for the day.

I decided to make the whole family breakfast since I was in such a good mood this morning which was quite rare. I made the bacon first. Next came the toast with avocado and feta. Then came the pancakes with syrup smothered all over them. Lastly came the yogurt with fruit mixed into it. I would never have thought making good for 7 people in total would be so hard but I ended up sweating from the steam burning on my face.

" Sage?" I asked.

" Yeah?" She said, walking into the kitchen.

" Did you do what I asked for tonight?" I said with hopeful eyes.

" of course! It smells really good in here." she said, getting side-tracked.

" Make yourself a plate then we can go see troye." I said getting everything on his tray neat.

" Tyde's out cold so I'll let you guys have some time together." She said smiling, carefully placing the toast on her plate.

I carried the tray to his room that contained toast with avocado and feta, 3 strips of bacon, a small bowl of yogurt, a stack of 3 pancakes,a rose in a vase, orange juice, and coffee since I didn't know which one he would want in the morning. I sit the tray on the night stand and looked at the alarm clock. 7 a.m.

" Troye?" I asked, shaking him gently.

" hmmm?" He said turning over but not opening his eyes.

" get up." I said.

He pulled the covers above his head as if trying to hide from the whole entire world. I jumped on the bed and started shaking him.

" Get up! It's your birthday!" I said, laughing.

" That's today?" He said, raspy and muffled through the covers.

" yeah! Get. up. now." I demanded.

" why?" He asked, still hiding from the world.

" I did a thing." I giggled.

" Stop it, Franta. You've done enough for my birthday. I'll never compare to this." He said revealing his nappy hair and pinkish face.

" ok. I'll stop cooking food on your birthday for good." I said, acting like I was taking the tray away.

" You can keep this. You can do this everyday." he said after I sit the tray on his lap.

He started at the pancakes that had become soggy from the syrup. He moved on the toast and bacon with a few sips of coffee.

" I'll have just one bite of yogurt." he said, acting like he was about to eat it, but instead ramming it into my face.

" Troye!" I yelled.

He just laughed and finished eating. I wiped off the yogurt and took his tray to the kitchen.

" Thank you Connie!" He yelled when I was on the stairs.

" whatever." I muttered with a smile.

I had grabbed note from the kitchen table and looked at it. a red ribbon carefully for effect with the words ' to Troye' written under it. I ran back upstairs to Troye trying to perfect his quiff. I set the note in front of him and was about to walk out before he called me back.