Chapter 8: Rui's Experiment

A/N:
Sorry I haven't uploading in a few days! Yeah lol I'm not doing the upload everyday thing, I'll try as much as possible tho. Happy late Easter if you celebrate it and enjoy Rui destroying my mind. I know nothing about his home life so deal with it

 I know nothing about his home life so deal with it

'This is his house I think. I'm nervous, I don't know him well at all. What if he has bad intentions, Tsukasa did warn me he was a bit of a maniac.

I ignored my fears and walked up to the door, knocking. A women with purple hair showed up to the door.

"Sorry, im not into what you're trying to sell." She said before almost slamming the door on my face before I stopped her.

"W-wait I'm not trying to sell anything, is this Rui Kamishiro's house?" I asked with a nervous stutter. A look of shock covered her face.

"Oh! You're a friend of Rui's?! Sorry about that!! Please come in!" She said, widening the door. I let out a sigh of relief and walked inside.

"He should be outside in the treehouse. I'll come out with snacks in a few minutes." She pointed to the door to the back door to which I followed her instruction and climbed up the ladder to the treehouse. It was a fairly normal size, and it was really cute. I never had a tree house.

I climbed up the steps until I reached the top, "hey Rui—" I was cut off by a something hitting my head, and it hurt like hell. I yelped and almost fell back until Rui sprung up and grabbed my arm, making sure I didn't fall to my death.

"Oh my, I apologize. I really didn't hear you." He apologized with a nervous smile. His cat like grin was quite cute actually.

"I-it's alright.. at least I didn't pass out I guess."

He helped me up the rest of the ladder and I looked around.

"You've got.. uh a lot of stuff up here." I sighed with a deadpanned face as I looked at his mess of a room. I expected it to be a lot cuter on the inside, it just looks like a boring workshop though. A bit messier than most I'll say.

"Thank you for coming, everybody else refused me." He said scratching the back of his neck.

I nodded, a bit scared of what he was gonna test on me. I was surprised when he pulled out perfectly normal headphones.

"These are really simple, Nene wanted me to make them for her. They are noise canceling headphones that actually work, simple?" He explained.

I nodded again as he put the headphones on me, I could have did it myself but I kinda liked how he did it for me.

I could see his lips moving but I heard nothing. He put a thumbs up and then took them off me.

"Thank you, ok so next I have this." He said pulling out a skateboard type thing. Kind of like a hover board too but I wanted to make it usable both ways."

Time skip lmfao

After a few hours of testing Rui's things I was exhausted and quite scared actually. Rui made sure I was safe though, which I found really endearing.

"Thank you a lot Y/N, I got a bunch of valuable data today." He said with a sweet smile on his face.

"No problem, other than the years taken off my lifespan I had a lot of fun. Call me if you ever need help again."

"I'm surprised you didn't come up with an excuse to not come." He said, with a more serious voice.

"Why?" I was a bit confused, why would I not want to come?

"I'm not the most popular, most kids at school run away from me. They believe I'm not 'normal' because of my obsession with robots." He said with a sigh.

"O-oh I'm sorry, I had no idea." I said, feeling a bit guilty.

"It's ok, we should probably get you home. The sun is setting." He said, standing up. I also stood up but for some reason I hugged him on instinct. As soon as I realized what the hell i just did my face turned into a full on tomato.

What the fuck is wrong with me?! What if he hates being hugged?! WHY DID I DO THAT?! I internally cussed myself out as I let go of him, I looked up to see his cheeks dusted slightly pink.

"S-sorry, I wasn't thinking—" I started

"No, it's ok really. Thank you." He said with a sweet smile.

"Let's start hanging out more." I told him with a grin on my face, to which he nodded.

A/N:

IM SO SORRY I HAVJET UPLOADED IN LIKE FOREVER IM SO TIRED OMFG

Word count: 815