Chapter 24: Flower Shop

A/N: HEYYY SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPLOAD just havent been feeling it lately. anywayss book time

Your POV:

You, Nene, and Emu started walking to the flower shop. In all honesty you were scared as hell. Was Emu gonna be even more of a ruckus than Tsukasa? You knew Nene would never do such a thing, but you also worried about her talking to people. What if she panicked while talking to an employee, and scared them off? You sighed, deciding you shouldn't worry so much. Tsukasa would slap you if he heard you.

"Alright, let's be on out best behav-" You started, but were cut off by Emu skipping into the shop without a though.

"EMU?!" You called out, a look of terror on your face.

"I-it's fine Y/N.. we can do this.. I swear.." Nene said with a shaky smile, she was sweating bullets.

"It's now or never I guess.." You sighed, opening the door for Nene like the gentleman you are. The both of you walked in to see Emu cheering at the counter. Wearing an employee's uniform?!

"Emu?? HOW DID YOU ALREADY GET A JOB?!" You yelled, obviously confused.

"I said, TEACH ME HOW TO PARENT A FLOWER, and I got the job!" She smiled, pumping her fist in the air repeatedly.

"This is so embarrassing.." Nene said, covering her face by bunching her little ponytails up.

"Well then.. Emu? Can you go get the owner for us..?" I asked, starting to calm down a little.

"Yes ma'am!" Emu saluted and ran to the back of the counter. She came back a few minutes later with an older women, probably somewhere in her 60's, beside her. She gave us all a sweet smile.

"I heard you all wanted a job here. That's wonderful! Please, take these uniforms and come to see me, I'll explain the job." The women said with a smile.

You and Nene sighed with relief, and headed to the bathrooms to get changed.

The uniform was pretty simple. It was a green shirt with black leggings, and a green visor with a pink leaf on it. You didn't mind though, it looked sort of cute. You put your hair into a ponytail and headed out of the bathroom stall to see Nene there already. Dusting off her shirt in the mirror.

"You look so cute Nene! Green is such a good color on you!" You complimented, smiling at the girl.

"O-oh.. thank you.. you look really pretty.. like always.." The girl said shyly, looking to the side. To which you thought this was absolutely adorable, but kept it to yourself. You thanked her and then the two of you headed out of the bathroom, seeing the old woman again.

"Okay, so I believe we should have introductions. You may call me Auntie Daisy. I moved here a few years ago with my grandson. We came from America. He's in the back watching TV, quite a shy boy. I'll call him out later so he can meet you lovely girls." The women you were to call Auntie Daisy explained. She seemed to have settled in very good here if she could own a shop.

"I'm Y/n Aoyagi. It's a pleasure to meet you. This shop looked like such a pleasant place, so I decided to apply. Thank you for already trusting me to work here." You said with a slight bow. To which Nene looked at you with a shocked expression. You were pretty good at sweet talking.

"I'm Nene Kusanagi, I wanted to apply with Y/n and Emu mainly for fun. Thank you for hiring me." Nene said quietly, her face was pretty red.

"Oh, you girls will fit right in! You're all beautiful!! It'll pull in customers for sure!!" The woman clapped her hands together in delight, "Where would you like to be positioned? It would be good if one of you could trade places at the cashier with Emu every couple hours. And the other can help me plant flowers in the back!"

Nene looked at you, you already knew she wanted you to do the socializing. You nodded with a sigh.

"I can help Emu at the register, and I'll walk around with customers while I'm not." I said sweetly, though I was a little worried about how mentally drained I was going to be after shifts.

"That's wonderful! And that means Kusanagi can help me plant! Thank you girls so much, I truly appreciate it!" Auntie Daisy grinned, she seemed so sweet, you just wanted to give her a hug, "Well then, do you girls want to meet my Grandson?"

"Yay!! We preform at Pheonix Wonderland, so we would love talking to kids!" Emu said cheerfully, she was so quiet, you honestly forgot she was even there.

"Oh, is that so? I'm sure he would love to watch you one day. I'll go get him, be right back." The women waddled to the back, and came back dragging a small boy with her.

"C'mon James, they all want to meet you..!" She begged, dragging him over to you all. He had large brown eyes, and light green hair. He had little freckles too. He was super adorable, with a little pout on his face. (yall not in a creepy way i swear 😰)

"Hello, I'm Y/n! It's nice to meet you! I hope we can become friends!!" You said, kneeling down to the boy, holding out your hand.

"I don't need to be friends with a girl! No way no way!" He said, turning the other way. His face was super red. You sighed.

"Just because I'm a girl doesn't make a difference. We can still be friends. I promise." I said sweetly.

"No! I would never! I'm too young to have a girlfriend!" He yelled, he still had a red face. He looked like a tomato plant with his red face and green hair.

"Oh well,.. if we can't be friends.. I guess I'll just have to go give this candy to another person.." You said with a fake sigh. This was your last resort. You pulled a handful of candy out of your pocket, you stole it from the house before you ran away. It was important.

"E-eh?! D-don't try to fool me, you girl!! But.. fine.. I accept." He said dramatically, to which you giggled, handing him the candy.

"But that doesn't mean your other friends can be my friend!! You're the only exception!! I cant be seen with multiple girls!!" He exclaimed. You hoped he would grow out of his male supremacist phase.

Nene looked a little annoyed, and Emu had a frown on her face.

"Alright, let's be buddies then."

A/N:

HEYYY sorry this chapter was a bit shorter. I'm planning to do a little sketch of the characters so you get an idea of what they look like soon. Have a nice day my bbgs!!

word count: 1168