Chapter 25: Happy Birthday Nene!!

A/n:
OMFG ITS MY GODDESS'S BIRTHDAY IM SOBBING live laugh love nene this chapter is about her because she is my queen

Your POV:

You walked down the halls of your school, you got an email yesterday that your application for the bartender job was accepted, and you started tomorrow. But, today Rui told you to meet him in the science room during lunch.

It was lunch break, so of course you were going to listen to the beanpole. You slowly opened the door to the science room, seeing that him and Tsukasa were there.

"Hey losers, what did you guys want? Where's Nene?" You asked, looking around for the girl.

"Actually we're meeting up about her." Rui said with a serious face, which sent a shiver down your spine. Had something happened? Is she okay?

"Today's her birthday!" Tsukasa said, striking a pose. You let out a sigh of relief, thankfully she was still breathing.

"So you guys wanted to plan something for her?" I asked, already guessing what this conversation would be about.

"Precisely, we already plan on going to my house after school to bake her a cake, but we need a present. Something simple won't work." Rui said with a sigh. It was sweet that he wanted to put in the extra effort for her.

"Well it obviously has to be something that has meaning to her. Rui.. do you know anything you could make her within today? If you do, Tsukasa and I can make the cake. You probably know her the best." You suggested, knowing that it was probably an impossible request.

"Hmm.. if I can get working with no distractions.. then yes, I think I have an idea. Can I trust you two though? Hmm.." He said with a teasing smirk.

"Hey! We're plenty trustworthy!! Don't treat me like some sort of kid!!" Tsukasa pouted, stomping his feet.

"You're literally having a tantrum right now, It's alright Babykasa, I believe in you!! You can pass your potty training!!" You snickered.

"E-eh?! You too?! He's insulting you too y'know!!" Tsukasa exclaimed.

"Meh, mainly you. Y/n is quite reliable if I do say so myself." Rui said with a shrug. You smiled and walked over to him, standing on your tippy toes to put your arm around his shoulder, pulling him down to your level in the process.

"Sorry Tsukasa, Rui's my best bud, he'd never betray me like that!" You said with a smug expression.

"'best bud'? I'm honored, Y/n." He said, deciding he would add on to the fire. You both made fun of Tsukasa for a few more minutes until you started to feel bad, then the three of you got back onto the subject.

"Meet me at the front of the building after school. We can talk on the way back, see you two later." Rui said, blowing a friendly kiss at the two of you, and then walking away.

"He's dreamy, don't ya think Kasa?" You asked

"Not cool Y/n.." Tsukasa whined.

The two of you walked to class, since your lunch was almost over anyways.

Timeskip 🫶

After school you began to head to the front as told, gathering your things from your locker. You saw Rui already standing there, he seemed to be looking at somebody though.

"Hey Nerds Rope, what ya lookin' at?" You asked, tapping on his shoulder.

"Ah, Y/n. I just saw this cute keychain on somebody's bag. Maybe Nene would like something like that, don't you think?"