Chapter 15: Competition part 3

A/N:
YALL BETTER STOP MAKING FUN OF MY GROANING ZOMBIE NOISES 🤬🤬🤬

Your POV:

"Tsukasa, I'm worried about Rui." You told Tsukasa as you walked to Pheonix Wonderland.

"How come?" He asked.

"Well, he just seemed kinda out of it yesterday. I thought when you were passed out he was just worried. But he didn't seem to change at all when you woke up. Usually he's more.. well smiley and stuff." You explained with your head down. You were still carrying your backpack since you just got done with school, and inside were your workout clothes.

"Hmm.. I guess you're right. He did seem a little down. Don't worry!! I'll try my best to lift his spirit! Don't worry my dearest Y/N because I, Tsukasa Tenma, will help you in anyway I can." He said patting your head, and speaking in his usual overdramatized way.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy." You said with a sigh.

"EH?! What does that mean?! Don't you think I'm your prince?!" Tsukasa asked, seemingly hurt. You ignored him and kept walking.

Time Skip

You and Tsukasa showed up at the wonderstage and greeted everybody. So far everything seemed to be normal, but Rui wasn't suggesting many ideas like usual.

"Okay team!! Lets start our first full rehearsal!!" Tsukasa exclaimed, gathering up the group. You stood next to Rui.

"Yay~! But are you okay? Doesn't it still hurt?" Emu asked, concerned. You noticed Rui avert his head to the side when she said that.

"You hurt your head pretty hard, so take it easy. We don't want to make it any worse than you already are." Nene added.

"Are you worried about me or just mocking me..?" He asked, deadpanning.

"Anyway! I'm fine!! I got checked at a hospital just to be sure!" Tsukasa said with a smile, "Let's focus on rehearsal today, okay?"

"If you're REALLY sure you're okay.. than lets get started!!" Emu exclaimed.

"We're gonna do a read-through first, right? Rui, did you bring the script copies?" You asked, looking up at him.

He stayed silent.

"Rui? Hello?" you spoke, tugging on his sleeve.

"Sorry, what was that? Ah, the script. Here are your copies! Ready to go?" He said, with a seemingly forced smile.

"Yeah.." You said worriedly, giving Tsukasa a look. He looked back at you and shrugged.

(You'll he acting during this.)

"Director! We have an awfully large audience today!" You told Tsukasa.

"Oh? Excellent! Let's see what sort of demographic it is this time... huh?" He stopped, "Am.. am I seeing this right? are these creatures... crawling out of graves?! Could they be.. No, they DEFINITELY are zombies! And they're headed this way!"

"Yikes! You're right! They don't smell very nice either.." You said, covering your nose.

"Thats not the problem! We must evacuate our visitors immediately!! Before the zombies get them that is!" He yelled.

Tsukasa walked to the seats, pretending to address the guests as he walks by.

"RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! ZOMBIES ARE COMING!" He yells out.

"Next, he faces oncoming zombies." Rui explains, "No. er.. he should return to the stage and say his next line.."

"Hold on, isn't that kind of anticlimactic?" Tsukasa asked, "This is the first scene with the zombies. It needs to have more of an impact."

"Yes I suppose so.." Rui says with a sigh.

"How about I fight the zombies?" Tsukasa asks confidently.

"COOOL~!! I wanna fight too!!" Emu cheers.

"That could work. Tsukasa could struggle as he tried to fight one zombie so the audience knows they're formidable opponents." Nene added.

"Yes.. and while he is fighting the one, a whole other throng of them could appear from the other side." Rui said. You smiled nodding.

"Tsukasa races back towards the stage, the zombies close ranks and the audience will hold their breath." He continues.

"Hah! Everybody's eyes will be glued to me!" Tsukasa exclaimed.

"Idiot, this isn't all about you." you said, punching his arm, to which he yelped.

"And then? What happens next??" Emu asks excitedly.

"Just when the zombies are about to attack him, Tsukasa performs a miraculous leap!" Rui says happily.

"Ooh! Its wire-flying time!" Tsukasa said with a determined face.

"He somersaults through the air and flies past his pursuers.." Rui stopped, a worried look took over his face.

"This is going to look FANTASTIC!!" Emu smiled.

"This is the kind of daring performance I was born for!! What happens next Rui?"

"Actually.. this might be too much action so early in the play. It'll throw off the play." He said in an unsure voice.

"Really?" You asked.

"I need to give it so more thought. Let's leave it for now and move onto the next scene." Rui suggested.

"Rui..?" You started.

Time Skip bozos

"Soo.. the next scene is when I get dragged into the trap room!" Tsukasa exclaims, "We had a bit of an accident last time, but I'll be able to pull it off this time without a hitch!!"

"About that scene.. I'd like to tweak it a little." Rui said.

"In what way?"

"Disappearing into the traproom creates a problem where the audience can't see whats happening. It would be better if you appeared at the far side of the stage and you find yourself cornered. You can still act the being dragged underground part, just you'll be doing it in the full view of the audience. Don't you think that would be better?" Rui asks.

"Well, it's not bad but.." Tsukasa started, "Are you sure you're alright with just that?"

"Hm? What do you mean?" Rui asks.

"Our halloween show deserves to be more original than that. I'm fired up and really want to outdo myself." Tsukasa explains, "Theres nothing wrong with pantomiming it but its going to take away the realism we're trying to create. Now zombies emerging from beneath the stage gives it a real sense of danger! Lets have 10 zombies team up and me under for a powerful and dramatic effect!!"

"10? Is that really necessary?" You sweatdropped.

"That sounds risky. You just got hurt too." Nene adds.

"That was due to my carelessness. Don't worry, I can do it this! The audience will be even more thrilled if it looks a little dangerous. What do you think Rui?" He asks.

"Um.. I don't think it would be visually appealing. We should keep the action on stage. Lets go with the change I said earlier.. hm?" He tried to convince. You sighed and looked at the ground.

"What? Did I say something strange?" He asks, looking at you girls.

"Not strange but.." Nene started.

"You just don't sound like yourself." You finished. Emu nodded with a frown.

"I don't?" He asked, "Hmm, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. How am I acting different from usual?"

"It's hard to put my finger on it but.." Emu started, but couldn't seem to find the words to say.

"Hey, Rui." Tsukasa said, "Is this honestly what you want from this show?"

"Huh?"

A/N:

Rui going emo tbh, anyways I forgot to say but tysm for 12k views wtf

word count: 1194