Chapter 16: Competition part 4

A/N:
totally didnt draw them in maid outfits twice 🤓

Your POV:

"What do you mean..? Is this what I want from the show?" Rui asks, confusion evident on his face, "I wouldn't be expending my energy on something I wouldn't want to be doing."

"Yes, that's the kind of person you are. You wouldn't be doing something if you really didn't want to.." Tsukasa trailed off, "However, you've been directing differently as compared to usual."

"Differently..?" Rui questions, "I'm making adjustments to ensure that the audience feels just as frightened as the park director does here."

"That's something you would say too." Tsukasa said putting his finger on his chin, "but it's clear that this isn't something you actually want to do."

"Rui, I kind of agree with Tsukasa. You haven't been seeming like yourself ever since he got hurt." You explained looking up at Rui, "I thought you were just worried but you're still acting the same."

"You seemed to be really enjoying yourself the first time you talked to Tsukasa about using the trap room." Nene added, "but since that accident, you seem less motivated."

"The way you've been telling me how this or that would be better for the audience seems like you're trying to convince yourself." Tsukasa sighed, "Am I wrong?"

"I'm trying to persuade myself?" Rui's eyes widened for a second, before returning to his calm expression. He scratched his neck and forced a smile, "oh but i'm not. I do believe this is the best way to go."

"Quit lying!" Tsukasa yelled, to which you and the other girls jumped. Rui's looked worried.

"T-Tsukasa.." Emu said sadly.

"You've been peeling back on what you want to do because I got hurt last time!"

"But.. you have me mistaken Tsukasa. I'm.. I'm making changes to improve the show." Rui said turning his head to the side.

"And I'm telling you to quit lying like that! I told you I'm going to make the most of the role you give me! I'll pull off whatever you throw at me, no matter how tricky it might be!" Tsukasa yelled again, "We have the potential to put on a jaw-dropping show but you're holding back!"

"I'm not holding back! How many times do I have to repeat myself like this?" Rui furrowed his eyebrows and frowned, obviously getting irritated.

"S...STOP!!" Emu yelled.

"Will you two stop fighting?! Please?!" You said, stepping up next to Emu.

"Y-yeah. You two need to cool off." Nene agreed.

The boys both stayed silent, they glared at eachother. But quickly Tsukasa's voice softened.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice like that.." He apologized, looking down. "But Rui isn't himself today. It's clear as day."

"How can that..?" Rui questioned.

"We both need to clear our heads. The show won't be going anywhere otherwise." Tsukasa ordered, "I'll see you later." He walked away.

"Huh? Tsukasa?! Wait!!" You yelled to him, but he ignored you. Emu ran after him, and you stayed with Rui and Nene.

"Oh.." Nene said awkwardly.

"Do you think so too? Nene, Y/N?" Rui asked.

"Huh?" Nene asked.

"Am I acting differently than normal?" He asked again.

"Well.." You started.

"Yes, there's something off about you today." Nene finished.

"You seemed to be having a great time yesterday, there was a glint in your eyes. But now.. it's gone." You explained, kicking a pebble to the side.

"I see.." Rui also looked down, frowning, "I don't really know what to do. I never thought I would try to cut corners when it came to producing a show.. but according to you three, thats what I've been doing."

'Rui seems to be completely oblivious to the fact hes holding back because he's worried.' You thought. 'I have to help him realize that.' You looked beside you to see Nene with a solemn face, she shook her head sadly.

"Nene..?" You asked, giving her a worried look.

"I'm.. sorry. I'm ok Y/N." She said, lifting her head. You nodded and gave her a weak smile.

"Rui, why don't we all go over to SEKAI?" Nene suggests.

"SEKAI? Why there?" You asked her.

"Yeah, let's visit Miku and her friends for some advice." She explains.

"Asking for tips for shows is one thing, but personal troubles..?" Rui says, "I don't even know how to put my problem into words.."

"But if we continue like this, I don't think we'll be able to put on a worthwhile show.." You admitted, "I think Tsukasa got so worked up because he also saw that."

"Miku and the others always lend us an ear, so let's go talk to them about this." She suggests again.

"Don't you want to make this show the best it can be?" You asked Rui, with pleading eyes.

"... Alright. I understand. Let's go." Rui caves in.

Time skip to the wonderland sekai 😈 and nobodies POV

"Easy now.. lets take deep breaths! Give eachother some space too!" Len says.

"What's going on here? Len? Miku?" Kaito asks.

"I organized a show for the puppets, but they started fighting again." Len explains.

"I want to make the show better! Why aren't you letting me?" The small dog plushie says with an upset voice. The puppets were floating above everybody's heads, so Len couldn't grab them or anything.

"But you'll get hurt if you do something like that!" The cat plushie retorts.

"Hey! Don't do that, stop!" Miku buts in, jumping in the air and putting her hand in between them.

"Oh my, they've become quite the handful." Kaito sighs.

"Yeah.. but I guess it was unavoidable." Len says.

"Oh? Why do you say that?" Miku asks, finally stopping her crazy jumping.

"I realized something when I was making this show. It's too easy to get worked up and fixated on your own ideas for making a performance great, isn't it?" Len explains, "and then your ideas may conflict with somebody elses."

"Yes, that is true.. hm..?" Kaito agrees.

"Isn't that Rui, Nene, and Y/N over there?" Miku asks, pointing to the group.

"They all seem a little down. I wonder what happened." Len questions, beginning to walk over to them. Kaito puts his hand in front of Len.

"You guys wait here. I'll go and talk to them. Can you come with me Plushies?" Kaito reassures the vocaloids and walks over to the troupe members.

A/N:

enemies to lovers ig, anyways have a nice day mamas

word count: 1083