Chapter 17: Competition part 5

A/N:

Im drawing sakura miku for a friend 😈😈😈 anyways have fun reading enemies to lovers and kaito being a therapist

Your POV

"C'mon! I can do better than this!" The doggie plushie yelled at the kitty plushie. They've been butting heads for quite awhile now.

"No! Its too dangerous..!!" The kitty plushie retorts.

Time skip ig bbgs

"I see, so that's what brought you here." Kaito said with a worried expression. As Rui and Nene explained the situation you looked at the SEKAI. It was truly a beautiful place, filled with happiness. So why were your friends so gloomy?

"Yes, I'm at a loss as to what to do." Rui said, "I'm not consciously holding back or anything either.."

"Holding back? Has this ever happened before?" Kaito questions.

"No, not really." Rui answered, holding his hand above his head to keep the setting sun out of his eyes. "If anything, i've always done the opposite."

Flashbacks for baby boy Rui 😍😍

"And for the finale, we'll all jump down from the wall. How does that sound?" The small boy asked a group of children.

"It does sound fun.. but it also seems a bit dangerous." One of the children said, stunted on what to do.

"I don't want to end up getting hurt or anything.." Another kid says, beginning to walk away from Rui.

"But it's going to be fun..! Everybody watching will love it and we can even place a trampoline for us to land on!" The little boy tried to convince the other children, but to no avail, they left him.

"Oh.." The purple haired boy said sadly.

Back to present time mamas

'Rui was constantly rejected when he was younger? Now that I think about it, it makes sense he was acting like that.'

"That paints a vivid picture." Kaito says.

"There were a few kids who would get excited about my ideas," Rui started, "But sooner or later, they became fed up with me."

You scooted closer to Rui and put your head on his shoulder. He jolted but relaxed into it. You wanted him to know you thought his ideas were amazing, and that everybody in wxs feels the same.

"It kept happening again and again. Eventually there was no one left that wanted anything to do with me." The boy continued, he didn't sound as upset as you would think he would be.

'He must be used to it then.'

Nene frowned from beside you. You looked at her and smiled. You know the two were childhood friends.

"Nene, just sticking with him probably helped alot. Don't feel guilty for anything." You reassured her, and she nodded.

"I know you're actually very considerate of others. I know this for a fact." Nene finally spoke up, "Your ideas may sound crazy, but you take steps to make sure they're safe. As long as they trust you and follow your instructions they'll be fine. I know this because we used to try your ideas when we were little."

"Hehe, thank you Nene. You too Y/N." He said, putting his head on top of yours and smiling. "These shows mean everything to me. Nothing makes me happier than seeing you two, Tsukasa, and Emu bringing what I wrote to life. That's why the thought that I'm holding back doesn't make sense to me."