𝑩𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑵𝒆𝒘 1.18

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

"I OVERHEARD MY PARENTS
talking to Emily, and she was saying that they're planning on moving to Elite." Riley tells us, The group and I have never felt more betrayed by two people. The group slowly starts to talk badly about Emily and Stephanie, which might not be the best approach.

"But I think if we talk to them or something, they'll want to come back." Michelle says, which is shut down by Riley. "No, bad idea." "I know that we've worked really hard to go to regionals, and I really want to go, but..."Michelle gets cut off by Daniel.

"Wait, are you suggesting that we don't go to regionals?" Daniel asks. He's right; it sounds like Michelle wants us to wait until next year. That's a no.

"I don't want to say that, but..." The group immediately shoots down Michelle's idea, and it turns into a dance war. We all clearly want to go to regionals, but how are we going to do it with nine dancers?

"We need to find a solution, okay? Do you want to go to regionals?" Kate asks, and we all nod in response. "Okay, this is what we're going to do. We're gonna audition from B troupe." When everyone gets on board with the plan, Eldon is the first to still have hope in the two traitors.

"They still haven't been excepted to Elite, like we should still have hope. They haven't even auditioned yet." I understand where Eldon is coming from, but the group has made up their mind.

We're going to find new dancers; not only will they be from B-Troupe, but they will be better than the two who left.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

While Michelle was busy with auditions, Chloe and I decided to video chat with James to help him out with math. Chloe has been on my case about James and me, but I choose to ignore it.

"Hey." "Hey guys, what's up?" James questions asked, I'm not a hundred percent sure if we should tell James about what's been going on in the studio. He'll just get distracted.

"We're here to do your daily math quiz; are you ready?" I asked the boy, "Yeah." he says sarcastically. I know James hates this and would rather do anything but math. But he needs to do this for the team, of course.

After getting the majority of the questions down, James says something that I hadn't really thought of. "I don't know if I can learn all the material in time, and I'm kind of stressed out about learning the dance. I've got to get to know it a little better." James's expression of this gives me an idea.

"Well, I guess I could come and teach you." I say, slightly smiling, "Yeah, that'd be cool. I'm down for that." A smirking James says, "It's technically not at the studio, and I mean, as long as your mom doesn't see you dancing, it doesn't matter if other people see you." Logic—that's what I have. Logic.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

"Right now, I'm at James's school just to keep him up on all the choreography for the regionals routine."

"James," I called out for the boy who just left school. "Hey, are you ready to learn Michelle's choreography?" "I can't; I'm sorry there's too much on my plate right now." James says in a rushed voice. "No, James, come on." I'm not letting him say no; I can't.

"My teacher just scheduled a math retest for tomorrow." James ushers out. He does know that he's been studying, right?

"So? You know this stuff, James; you've been studying for weeks. Just relax, okay?" I tried to ease James worries. "I'm telling you, I don't know any of it. I have to get tutored after class; I still don't know it." James is all negative about this, and that's why he will fail because he's being negative.

"Yes, you do." I say bluntly, "No, I don't!" "You know what? Let me prove it to you." I looked through my bag to find the cue cards that I use to help James study. "Oh my gosh, you brought cue cards?" He asks, sounding embarrassed.

"Yes, can you just tell me the angle?" I ask the doubtful boy, "I don't know 92; I have no idea!" James exaggerates. "This is a right angle, right?" "90°." "Exactly, so how many degrees are left over to make the other two?" James shrugs his shoulders before answering my question.

"45°." "Exactly, you just figured it out. "Okay," but that's one question. There's gonna be like 50 on the test. One out of 50—what is that like 2%?" James says, answering his own question, "You just figured out another math question." I tell him.

"I do think James will pass his exam; he just has to believe in himself."

𖧷𖧷𖧷

"You answered all the questions right. You know all of this stuff; I've told you this." I say this with the last bit of hope that I have left. "I hope you're right." "I'm always right; high five?" I say, raising my hand, "High five?" He questions, does he not know what a high five is?

Before I can say anything, James hugs me. I'm probably a tomato right now, that's how flushed I am. "Thank you." He whispers in my ear, "You're welcome."

"He just got every single question right that I asked him, so he's clearly capable of doing this."

When we broke from the hug, I remembered why I was here. To teach James the choreography. "Follow me," I say as I start doing the routine.

"Noelle, what are you doing?" James says, looking at all the people who are staring at us. "I'm dancing." I say. James, who's clearly embarrassed, starts telling people to walk away.

"I begin dancing because for so long I've always been the one who's always stressed out about everything, and for once James is stressed out about math, and I need to be the one to let him loose."

"Come on, James. Just learn the choreography. You can do this." "In front of the school?" He asks, "Do it for me." "Fine, but from the top." He says, "Okay."

Here I am dancing with James at the front of his school; this feels very different. A good type of different.

1062 Words

A/N:
Hello my friends, it's been a while. Happy May first, I hope that may brings you all flowers. This chapter is something, I want sure if I wanted to put a little of episode 19 in it but I chose not to. I hope you all enjoyed, see you next chapter.