𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝑰𝒔 𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝑾𝒆 𝑫𝒐 𝑰𝒕 1.29

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

WE'RE IN THE LOBBY REHEARSING our routine for the semi-finals and winning the wild card spot is one of the best feelings ever. It's our second chance.

As for Emily and Michelle, they're having an interview moment, and I can only hear bits and pieces of the conversation. Stuff about seeds and losing to them before, to how they act together.

It doesn't take long for the interview to end; as of right now, we're walking around only to stop once we see Elite getting interviewed.

"Elite is in the final round after beating Dance Inc. in the semi-finals. So now, they're walking around like they own the place."

"Sometimes overconfidence can make a team falter, though. When they get into the big rounds. Are you sure that's not going to happen to you?" Lisa inquires, holding the mic towards Amanda.

"No, that won't happen to us, and in fact, we're so confident that we've already bought our plane tickets to Nationals." Amanda shares. Now I hope they falter for speaking too soon.

"You bought plan tickets for a competition that you haven't yet qualified for." Lisa presses. What happens if Elite loses?

"Yes, we have." Amanda confirms.

"Well, that is confidence. Thanks so much, Amanda. Congratulations to you as you carry on the competition." Lisa finishes.

Manifesting Elites downfall, starting now.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

"Five, six, seven, eight." Michelle counts as we rehearse in front of her and Emily.

"Be carful." Michelle calls out, forcing us to stop. As the entire Elite team walks through our dance, leaving a smirking Amanda.

"I mean, how rude is that? I don't care how good you think you are; you just don't walk through someone's rehearsal."

"Aw, cute costumes, guys. Is your grandma missing her curtains? And who did you make up? A clown. You guys should just all get a job at the circus; that'd be great." Amanda taunts.

How self-centred can someone get? You've made your point the first time.

"Oh, and Emily, did you finally find a group you can keep up with?" Amanda sneers, adding more fuel to the fire.

"Amanda? Don't you have your own team to torment?" Michelle says, pointing towards Elite.

"What? Emily can't stick up for herself now." Amanda glares at Emily.

"Oh, she can. It just when you walk in, there's nothing to say." I say it in a snarky tone.

Amanda whips her head in my direction, burning holes in my head. "Whatever." She rolls her eyes, walking away.