𝑰 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝑰 𝑮𝒆𝒕 𝑰𝒕 2.10

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

CHLOE HAD TOLD MS.KATE THAT I
wasn't busy and wanted to help out at the studio. Now I'm all for helping out, but I wasn't really planning on helping out now, especially under the circumstances that are involving me and James, but for Kate, I'll suck it up.

Me, Kate, and Becca were walking to the J-troupe studio, where all the younger dancers would be, including Richelle. "Becca, what are you doing here?" Gabi asked her younger sister once they stopped dancing. "Your sister's here because she's interested in joining J-Troupe." Ms. Kate answers for Becca.

The J-troupers give me and Kate a confused look. "Because we won Regionals a lot of talented kids and parents are very interested in joining the studio." I explain while watching their emotions change. "So what does that mean?" Richelle asks while her hands rest on her hips.

"Well, it means that everyone will still be able to continue dancing here, but I am going to have to hold auditions for J-troupers." Ms. Kate says this as the dancers get upset.

I don't blame them for being upset; auditions in J-troupe are a rare occasion, but as the reigning champions, we need the best of the best.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

After leaving the J-Troupers, me and Kate ran over everything involving the dancers and next year. Although this would be done by a dance captain, Ms. Kate said I was once really close to being the dance captain, so I guess I applied.

Kate and I were heading back to her office before Richelle startled Kate. "Oh, hi, Ms. Kate. Noelle." Richelle greets us with a cheeky look—one where I can tell she's up to something. "Hi Richelle. What's up?" Ms. Kate asks, placing her book under her arm.

"I have some really bad news. If you hold auditions for J-Troupe, then the whole group is threatening to leave the studio. They want guaranteed spots on the team." Richelle lies to both Kate and me. If Richelle wanted to leave, she would've told me privately, not lied for a spot she'll probably have.

"Really," Kate laughs. "How about we make a compromise?" Kate suggests. "Sure. How about three spots guaranteed?" Richelle asks, flashing a big, bright smile. "Oh, so you're barging with me now?" Kate asks, intrigued. "Yes." Richelle responds.

"What do you have to offer?" Kate asks, I know Richelle doesn't have anything she's willing to give up. "You know, Richelle, when you bargain with someone, you offer the other person something in return." I explain this to my younger sisters. "I don't have anything." Richelle rubs her arm.

"That's called a bluff, and it didn't go very well." Kate says declining Richelle's plan. "Listen, Richelle, I totally appreciate how keen you are, but everyone has to audition for J-Troupe; if they're the best, they'll make it in. Just like your sister did with A-Troupe." Kate explains.

"How about the best two?" Richelle tries again. "Good luck," Kate says, walking to her office. "You'll be amazing." I tell my sister before following Kate to her office.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

"Your sister is amazing." Emily exclaims as she walks into Kate's office. "Thanks, I think," I say, confused. "She picked up the choreography so well and reminds me of me." Emily explains as I give her a smile. Richelle has always been a great competitor and is going to make A-Troupe one day.

"Well, we better make that list." Kate says as we all take a seat. Listening to Emily and Hunter talk, it seems like there's a lot of talent in J-Troupe, but the best seems to be Richelle and Noah.

After briefing, Ms.Kate asked Emily and Hunter to go and talk to the younger dancers while Ms. Kate finalized her decision. "I think we have it." Kate says taking the clipboard and walks out as I follow her. "Listen up!" Kate calls. "First off, I think we need to give Emily and Hunter a big round of applause for running the auditions." Kate says this before everyone starts clapping.

"I have the list of who made it into J-Troupe. You guys all did so amazing; you brought so much energy into the room, and I can tell we have a few shining stars in this group, that's for sure. And remember, if you didn't make it this year, there's always next year. Good luck." Kate says, putting the clipboard on the wall.

I watch as the dancers run to the paper, watching as most of them screech. "Noelle!" Richelle cheers, running into my arms. I gladly hug her back. "I made it." She tells me this excitedly.

"All that bargaining for something you've always had." I tell her as she looks between me and her new team. "Go." I say letting her go to her friends.

A part of me wishes I was that young again, with no problems and only dance to worry about. Yet here I am, in the hardest part of my life, where I have to dance with my "friend," who means more to me even after everything.

859 words

A/N:
Been a short time. This chapter was a filler and so will the next one as there hasn't been any scenes to write about James and Noelle so the chapters will not be as long. Anyways I hoped you enjoyed.
Xoxo, balletblue