𝑾𝒆 𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 1.20

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

TODAY WAS KIND OF AN OFF DAY
for us dancers. Michelle had allowed us to have the day off because she needed to rehearse the duet portion of our new dance routine for regionals.

Not much has happened revolving around me, but Riley has been texting me about things with her sister; they're kind of going through a rough patch, and Riley's trying to change that.

I've chosen not to involve myself in it and to take the day off. I also want to catch Richelle up on what's been going on in the studio.

I walk outside my room and towards the Richelles. I knock a total of three times before the little monster opens the door, ushering me in.

"I've been waiting." She says this, faking an annoyed voice. "I don't know what you're talking about." I said, turning my head away from her. "Really, if I tell mom about—" I cover her mouth before she can finish her sentence.

"Sit down." I tell her before closing the door. I follow Richelle sitting on the bed and say, "Okay, what do you want to know?" Richelle has her legs crossed and her elbows resting on her knees, with her head resting in her hands.

"Everything! Right from the start." She says with a bright smile, "It's a long story." I tell her sincerely.

Richelle looks at the nonexistent watch on her wrist and says, "We've got time." I laugh at her antics. "Where do you want me to start?" I ask, how about when you started liking him? I smiled at her. Back to the Brighter Brightest music video we go.

"Technically, it all started with the Brighter Brightest music video we were shooting." I mumbled, yet it was still audible to Richelle due to her gasp.

"You're telling me that you've pretty much liked him since the beginning of A-Troupe." Richelle exaggerates. "No! When I first joined, I thought he was a flirt, but I guess I'm the girl who fell for the flirt." I say it honestly.

"It's true, I have liked James for a while. I just never expressed it to him because I wouldn't let him win with his cockiness."

"Okay, tell me what he did to make you like him."

"I was making a fool of myself in front of the band, and at the end of the day he got one of the band members to give me a card that was signed and a kiss on the cheek." I respond.

"You two are out of a movie, I swear." Richelle is usually only interested in my dance life, but since I brought up James, she won't let it go.

"Besides the date, everything else is just sappy." I tell her, "Okay, but are you guys officially together?" Richelle interrogates.

"I haven't really thought about us and what we are." I say to her, "You know what I think. I think you should go see him and tell him. Guys like straightforward girls."

I can't believe I'm about to take advice from my little sister, but I'm desperate. "I'll be back." I tell her, "Yeah, you will." She says this before I leave for the studio.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

When I arrive at the studio, I see Michelle dancing with Eldon; their duet is beautiful. You can tell the two have major chemistry.

Before the dance can continue, Riley walks in and looks unimpressed by Eldon.

"Eldon," Riley's voice booms, causing the dance to stop.

"Forgetting something?" Eldon looks as confused as all of us. "Emily? Date? Ring a bell?" As if Riley hit him with a pan, Eldon's face turns into realization and he runs out of the studio.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

"I pull James aside because I need to ask James where we are in our relationship. What are we right now?"

"What?" James is clearly annoyed because I literally dragged him here.

"Are we in a relationship?" I ask fairly quickly. James chuckles at me as if this is a joke. "Did you just ask me that?" "Okay, I'm being serious."

James looks around the room dumbfounded before answering me, "I don't know. Do you want to be in a relationship?" No idiot, I just asked because I was bored.

"I wouldn't be asking if I didn't want it." I say, rubbing my arms in a shy manner. "Is that a yes?" Amazement absorbed James's eyes before I nodded.

"Give me one second." James walks over to the corner of the room and does a trick of excitement. He hollers and runs up to me, spinning me around in a hug.

"I'm excited to start my new relationship with James. Thanks Richelle."

782 Words

A/N:
my friends, it's been a while. I've been super busy, like school busy. So, I haven't been the best at keeping up with all these updates and what makes this worse is that you guys might not have an update till like Friday next week. Anyways this was a filler chapter, I really wanted to make this chapter about Richelle and Noelle because they haven't had enough time. Plus, there wasn't a lot of James scene.