𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝑫𝒂𝒕𝒆 1.19

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

I GOT A TEXT FROM CHLOE
telling me that Stephanie is at the studio and to come quick. As I'm walking, I see Riley at the door. "Text." "Yeah, I can't believe it." Riley tells me. "Together?" I ask her. "Together." She says, as we both walk into the studio, coming face-to-face with Stephanie.

"Where is Emily?" I think it's pretty obvious where she is. "Elite, she made it in. I didn't." The devastation on Riley's face breaks my heart. I can clearly see a different side to Stephanie, though.

"We're ready for you." Michelle tells Stephanie, and I give her a sympathetic smile as I and Riley walk towards the group.

I know I was really rude to her before, but seeing her right now and the hopelessness on her face makes me feel terrible for her.

"Stephanie, the way you handled yourself was completely inappropriate," Kate says sternly. "Because of your actions, you're going to audition like everybody else." Chris finishes.

"Okay, I just- I have no clothes." Stephanie says, referring to dance clothes. "You can dance like that." I don't know exactly what the plan is here, but I have a feeling it is to make Stephanie feel bad.

During Stephanie's audition, Michelle stops her and says, "I'm sorry." Stephanie starts walking away from the group, teary-eyed. "Stop!" Michelle demands as she walks over to the hurt girl.

"We know you can dance; that's why we need you in A troupe." Stephanie sighs of relief. I know her decision was wrong, but at the end of the day, we're family; no drama can define that.
𖧷𖧷𖧷

"Right now, I'm just at the studio getting in some extra practice time, rehearsing my solo, and just dancing."

While I'm dancing, from the corner of my eye, I see James sitting on one of the benches.

At the end of my dance, James starts clapping for me, saying, "That was unreal!" "Thank you; what are you doing here?" I ask out of breath. "You're not supposed to be here till you pass your math exam." "True," James says before unfolding a paper.

"Bam!" It's his test, and he passed. I hug him. I've never been more proud of him. "Not just a B, but a B+." I laughed at James's foolish joke. "That's awesome." I tell him.

"Well, you know what that means, right?" "Yeah, you're back on a troupe." I say completely oblivious; obviously he's talking about the date. "True, true. But also means you owe me a date." James says, smirking.

"Don't tell James, but I may be a little excited and also kind of nervous; it's my first date after all."

𖧷𖧷𖧷

We're all in studio A, and no one knows about James's return, so he told me that he's planning on surprising everyone. When James walks in, he definitely shows off his cockiness.

"Actually, now might be a great time to let you guys know who the newest member of A troupe is." Kate announced, I have a feeling I'll be seeing a fiery redhead very soon.

"The 11th member of A troupe is Giselle." Kate points behind us, showing the redhead. There couldn't be a better fit; she's been working so hard, and she deserves this.

When we stop cheering and quiet down, Stephanie looks at Michelle like she wants to tell the group something.

"Okay guys, me and Michelle were talking, and I think it would be a good idea if we came up with a new routine for regionals." Stephanie says, "We have already changed the dance a billion times; why should we change it again?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Emily might share our old routine with the people at Elite." The group agrees with Stephanie that there is a possibility that it could happen, but it is still a risk.

"I also came up with the idea that Eldon and I could perform a duet in the new piece." Michelle purposes. "Oh, that's a great idea. Okay, well, Do you guys wanna get started right away?" Miss Kate asks.

I think the duet is a great idea, but I've seen the way Michelle looks at Eldon. I hope this isn't an emotional thing because it could smack them both in the face.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

James texted me that we'd have our date at the studio, which slightly confused me since we're at the studio 24/7.

"Follow me, m'lady." James places his hand out for me to take it, which I don't. "This isn't really romantic." Call me rude, but I didn't expect my first date to be somewhere I dance all the time.

"What? There's more to it than you think." I can tell James is upset by my words. "Here, trust me. Take this." James pulls out a passport, but not just any passport, but mine.

"As soon as James pulls out the passport, I'm a little more intrigued."

"How did you get my yearbook photo?" I question, "Don't worry about it." He says laughing, only my mom and Richelle know where that photo is.

"Maybe he put in a little bit more effort than I thought."

"Fine, I'm sorry I judged." "No worries. Now follow me. We're going to have so much fun." James expresses, walking me towards a table.

At this table, there are fairy lights hanging above us with different flags. There's also a separate table with what seems to be food from these different countries.

"Before we get a little food from each one, I'm going to stamp your passport." James informs me, and I laugh, finally realizing why he needed my passport. "So, where do you wanna go first?" "Surprise me." I say, "Okay, well, I'm gonna go to America first because I love their burgers." I smile at his reasoning.

"I've always wanted to travel the world, so this data just feels right."

"Wait, I have to stamp your passport first." "Of course." James stamps my passport, and we eat.

"I told myself that a first date is something about where it is and the scenery, but I was wrong; it's about the person."

As the night progresses, James asks me to dance. I was conflicted for a second but decided not to.

"As far as first dates go, this one was pretty epic."

1055 Words

A/N:
I want what these two have, like I'm so jealous of Joelles relationship. I actually liked this episode and it definitely focused more on Joelles relationship. And we're so close to Regionals, like that's insane I can't believe it.
Also, happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there.