𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒑 1.16

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

AFTER ALL THE STRESSFUL EVENTS that took place yesterday. I personally decided to put it all behind me and simply focus on my dancing. Although, I don't know how long that's going to last.

We're all in studio A, practising the new routine. Once we'd finished, Michelle gave us a break, and I saw Chloe running off, pretty much leaving. Me and Chloe haven't been really talking recently, so I'm not sure what's going on with her, but clearly Michelle does.

When Chloe leaves, we jump right back into rehearsals. Emily, who was still visibly upset, pretty much just stood there, not even trying to do the routine.

Obviously, Michelle notices this and decides to say something. "Why aren't you doing it?" Michelle asks, and Emily, who is looking at her nails, looks up at Michelle without saying anything.

"The least you can do is market; you're not even doing that." "I'm not marking these ridiculous moves. What is this?" Emily does one of the moves in the dance.

"How are they ridiculous? We made them up as a team." Michelle says, trying to reason with Emily, "Yeah! Actually, I think her moves are pretty cool, Emily!" Eldon says, defending Michelle.

I don't know whether Elton is defending Michelle because he's still mad at Emily for rejecting him or if he likes Michelle or the dance moves.

"Really? You made them up as a team?" Emily asks, "Yes." Michelle says. "I don't recall giving any input, so I guess I'm not part of this team." Emily was about to walk out when Kate knocked on the window, signalling for her to go to the office.

If Emily wanted her input, all she should've done was speak up. But, I guess still being mad at the dance captain scenario makes people not speak.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

After a long day of nothingness, all of the dancers and I find ourselves back at studio 80, waiting for Michelle to leave Kate's office.

"Guys, I've made the decision to change out the lines a little bit in the routine. So, I'm gonna need you guys to audition for your placement." Michelle says, when she gets an "okay" from us, she tells us to warm up.

This is something that Emily would've never done; it is new. And I'm actually enjoying the new idea.

"Wait, where are you going?" Michelle asks Stephanie, who seems to be leaving, "Class just started," "I have something to do." Stephanie says, "So you have something better to do than take dance class?" "Yeah," Stephanie says. I heard from Tiffany that she's trying to act, so maybe that's the case.

"You can't just leave." "Really? Because you like Chloe leave all the time, and yet no one knows why, not even Noelle." Chloe looks at me with sorrowful eyes.

I felt uncomfortable with Stephanie's words. I truly didn't know what was going on with Chloe, every time I talked to her she told me everything was all right and to leave it alone.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

Once Stephanie left, it was clear where Michelle would put her. As for everyone else, we still had to audition. I'm aiming for the middle row or front, but mostly the middle.

The order went West, Eldon, and then Emily, and she's doing really well; all of her moves were sharp and precise. Mind blowing.

After Daniel, it was my turn, and from looking in the mirror, I think I'm doing really well. I have the choreography down, and now here I am trying to deliver it in the best way possible.

"Thank you all very much, and I'm going to be making my decision very soon." Michelle says when we've all finished our auditions.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

I'm standing beside Riley, and together with the rest of the dancers, we're waiting. Waiting for Michelle to leave the office with Kate and Chris.

"All right dancers, listen up!" Kate says, walking out with Chris and our dance captain Michelle, "The decisions been made, and we have new lines. Michelle," Kate says, signalling for Michelle to give out the new placements.

"Thank you. So, in the first line, we have myself, Daniel, and Eldon." The whole group clapped for them; they deserved it. They are two of the strongest dancers in the group.

"In the middle, we have Chloe, Riley, Tiffany, Noelle, and James." Middle row, I couldn't be any prouder of myself. Originally, I was in the front row, and I was way too uncomfortable to be there.

"And in the last line, we have West, Stephanie, and Emily." I know West is going to work extra hard to improve himself, but I'm not sure about Stephanie and Emily.

"And remember, it doesn't matter what position you are in: front, middle, or back. We can see you at all times, so make sure you're always 100%, okay?" Chris is giving us a little pep talk.

I've never seen a dance placement like this, and it's weird, that's for sure.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

When we were dismissed from class, I went all the way to the J troupe hall to pick up Richelle, only to bump into Noah.

"Oh, hey Noah." "Hey Noelle! How's A troupe?" He asks, all the J troupe kids love to know what's going on in A-Trope. So it's not a surprise to get a question like that.

"It's going well; it definitely feels different with a new dance captain." I told him sincerely, I'll always be honest with these kids. They deserve it, especially if they want to be in A-Troupe one day.

"I heard about that. Look, I've got to go. Richelle should be in the room." "Thanks, Noah; see you later." With that, Noah leaves, and I wait at the door for Richelle to leave the room.

Thinking about the future of the Next Step scares me. I don't know how long I'll be here, but if some of the J troopers like Noah and Richelle are going to be in there, then we should be in good hands.

1008 Words

A/N:
Hello, how are you guys. This chapter was fairly short due to the fact that it wouldn't make sense for Noelle to be in scenes that didn't involve her whatsoever. I'm hoping that next chapter will be a little longer but we'll see.