𝑰𝒕 𝑻𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝑻𝒘𝒐 2.07

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

WALKING INTO STUDIO-A, I NOTICE
James pacing back and forth. "Noelle, there you are." James calls, stepping over the bench. "Here I am." I respond dropping my bag on the bench. "You have to hear what happened at my uncle Manny's house this weekend; it's insane." James says it with a smile, and I let out a laugh.

"This story is legendary; anyone in the next two hundred years that is closely related to me will talk about this story." James exaggerates as I put my bag into a cubby. "Can I hear the story?" I ask. "Yeah, okay, you know my uncle Manny, right?" I nod. "Rides a motorcycle, always riding a motorcycle." James tells me. "Mhm."

"So, he's just rolling like a block away from home, just going for a ride. Tries to pop a wheelie, okay, completely just falls off the bike, but the bike lands, keeps going straight." James explains it to me with hand motions. I furrow my brows together, confused about where this is going.

"My aunt Carla, she's at home just chilling, sees the bike go by, runs up to it, hops on the bike, and goes grocery shopping." James finishes, and I scratch my head, trying to grasp what I just heard. "Wait, so you mean to say that your uncle popped a wheelie, then fell off the bike?" James nods. "Well, is he okay?" I ask concerned.

"Well, he sprained his ankle, but that's not even from falling off the bike. He sprained his ankle because he was jumping up and down 'cause he saw his wife take off." He answers me like this is a normal thing. It's not.

"James' story does not make any sense."

"Wait, how is it possible to jump on a moving vehicle like that?" I asked, and I'm still not getting it. "Well, it's a joke." He says it quietly. "So you lied?" I ask. "No." "What!" I throw my hands up, frustrated. "You're lucky you're cute." He says off-topic, tapping my nose.

"Sometimes I feel out of place in a way because he's trying to tell me a funny story and I'm just not getting it."

"All right, guys, I have an announcement." Kate says walking out of her office. "I love that Uncle Manny story." She says laughing and pointing at James. "See, now Kate gets me; she understands this." James says getting up. "Or she just feels bad." I sneered, following him to the group with a fake upset look.

"I want to explain the rules to Nationals to you. Okay, Nationals are totally different from Regionals." Kate explains. "It's all group dances?" Chloe asks, referring to last year. "No, it's way different than Regionals." Michelle expresses.

Apparently, Nationals has six categories: male solos, small groups with three to six people, duets, and female solos. "And after that, we do a group dance for semi-finals and finals. It's an elimination competition, which means if you lose, you're out." Ms. Kate explains as we look at each other worriedly.

"Okay, I just want to focus on solos and duets for now." Kate says sternly. "I think Michelle and Eldon should do the duet. I mean, they are pretty much the reason we won Regionals." Everyone cheers for the idea Chloe gave. I look from Michelle to Eldon, and there are two different reactions, one good, and one not so good.