𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝑻𝒐 𝑴𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝑶𝒏 2.12

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

BEING IN THE SAME ROOM AS JAMES
and working on our duet is hard—almost too hard. After everything that happened the other day, the feelings quickly changed into bitter ones.

"Something about the word duet just gets to me. Maybe it's because James cheated on me with his duet partner, but we're friends."

During our practice, I can tell Kate can see everything that's going wrong. I mean, he almost dropped me, but there's just no connection, no chemistry. I know he's trying hard, but I can't even look at him.

"The song says don't want to make your heart break. I'm real life; he kind of did make my heart break."

At the end of the routine, I get so fed up that I walk over, tilt the chair over, and continue walking. "We'll pick this up tonight at rehearsal." Kate calls out to me. "Got it." I respond, leaving the studio.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

After cooling off, I went down to Culture Shock for its Open Mic Night. Emily and Riley invited me, and frankly, they're the only people I can talk to without getting judged.

"I don't know what to do about James." I told them as we sat down. "I can't be with him; I can't work with him, but I can't stop thinking about him." I explain. "Well, why don't you try thinking about someone else?" Emily suggests.

"Like go for someone new?" I ask. "Yeah, I mean, it's not unheard of; it's called a rebound." Emily explains as Riley nods. "Thanks, but I don't think that's my thing." I tell the two sisters.

"If I were to fine someone else, I'd feel guilty; it's so soon, and it still hurts. I'm just not ready for that."

The three of us continue to talk about things going on at dance and our personal lives when James walks in. Some much for trying to keep my distance.

I watch as James gets greeted by Beth, and she gives him grape juice. James hates grape juice, but what really gets me is how Beth's shirt says, 'I'm with James' and she has the audacity to ask, more like tell James that they're going on a date.

"Seeing Beth and James together just kind of shows me that James has moved on. So maybe I need to move on too."

Emily turns away from the two and gives me a look. "Yeah, I'm ready to move on." I say this confidently, but I am still trying to convince myself. "I think you're making the right decision." Emily tells me. "Thanks, but do I have to keep having them in my sight?" I ask.

Emily groans but gets up anyway to switch spots, only to get Hunter covered in her drink. My jaw drops as Emily tries to make sense of the situation, leaving me with Riley. "We should probably find a different spot." Riley says as I nod, following her.