𝑰'𝒎 𝑺𝒐 𝑬𝒙𝒄𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒅 1.28

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

IN OUR FIRST ROUND, WE SCORED
86 points to 84 points, allowing us to head to the second round. I wish I could explain what it's like to be on stage.

"Now, we just have to win four more head-to-head dance offs, and we could be the regionals champions."

The competition this year is insane; you have amazing dancers left and right. Even the best aren't the best anymore.

In our second round, we gained 87 points, advancing to the third round. The whole point of these rounds is to keep performing your routine and doing it better and better each time.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

The competition has been flying by; we're already on our third round, going head-to-head with Dance Inc.

Then you have the backstage nonsense, where you're forgetting the dance, missing shoes, or needing more makeup.

The only person calm about this is James. I can't even say anything about it because as long as he's calm, it calms me down.

Am I nervous? Yes. Dance Inc. is really putting on a show, and they've scored 85 points, which is not out of our point range.

"Next up, competing against Dance Inc. for the semifinal spot, is The Next Step!" The announcer calls out, waiting for us to get ready.

(Noelle is Riley)

There's something about this dance that's just different; we're getting all of the moves, and the crowd is loving it.

That is, until I mess up.

"All of a sudden, my glove got caught in my feather, and I knew right at that moment we lost."

As I run towards Eldon, I can see the worry in his eyes. Thoughts are running through my head, and all I can do is just keep dancing, cause if I don't, I'll crack.

I messed up front and centre.

"The judges have arrived at a decision; in their third round, The Next Step scores 84 points. The Next Step is eliminated." They announce, and all I do is stare at my hair clip.

It's all my fault.

I can't even look at my team. I take a seat on an empty chair and sit with my head in my hands. The first person at my side is Emily.

"Guys, my hand- it just- it got caught in it and it fell out, and we just lost because of me. We just lost!" I ramble, throwing a hand in the air.

"Noelle." Emily mumbles, bringing my hand down. "Stuff happens."

"But we were so, so close!" I look at her.

"Look, we all gave it our best shot." Emily tries to justify. As much as I'm surprised it's her comforting me, I'm thankful. We started off rocky but worked it out. I'm just so upset at myself.

"Just makes me so upset. I mean, I let the team down; I let everyone down."

I take a deep breath before continuing my rant. "And now we lost! We lost it all." I cry; I really thought it was our year.

"Noelle, everyone was great, okay? You gave it your all; it happened, and there's nothing we can do about it now." Ms. Kate tries to calm me.

"You can't do this to yourself, Noelle. It's not fair to you." Emily says quietly in a soothing manner, lifting my head up.

"Why is everyone so upset?" James asks from behind me.

"James, really?" Ms. Kate says it harshly, pointing to me.

"Well," James starts locking eyes with me. "Last time I checked, uh, we have a chance of getting the wild card spot." He finishes.

At this point, Emily has gotten up and walked away, replacing herself with James. "You see, it's okay." He says this, grasping my hands.

James isn't one for showing our relationship to everyone; he usually stays chill and maintains a calm persona. So, hearing those words and actions soothes me.

"I can't believe I completely forgot about the wild card."

"And we're going to get it." James says confidently, getting up and walking right behind me, but not before he sends me his signature smirk.

"You know what, for once, James is right." Emily steps forward, eliciting an awkward smile from James. "We worked too hard not to make it to Nationals!" Emily exclaims, and the group agrees with her.

"I'm sorry, guys." I say it one last time, getting a bunch of "Noelle, stop." As my sorrows have gotten out of hand. I can't blame them.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

Right now we're watching Art and Soul's dance against Elite to see which one of them will make it to the semi-finals.

Elite has been dominating, winning two rounds and only needing one more.

"Elite has won three times in a row at regionals. So, Art and Soul have no chance of beating Elite in this round."

Elite's concept is unique; if there was a perfect performance, it would be this one, and I guess that's what you get from a three-time champion.

"Elite has scored 94 points. They have defeated Art and Soul and are advancing to the Semi-finals." They announce it as Elite cheers at their victory.

"I'm not surprised that Elite made it to the semi-finals. I just hope we can get there too."

𖧷𖧷𖧷

The troupes that landed a semi-final spot are Elite, Seeds, and Dance Inc., and the wild card is against Art and Soul, Confidance, and us.

"Will The Next Step, Confidance, and Art and Soul please take the stage?" All the dance troupes slowly walk up to the stage.

The wild card is decided by the judges and your highest score.

We're all waiting anxiously, everyone hoping to hear their team name being called. I nervously grab hold of James's hand.

"The judges have made a decision; the troupe that'll be facing Seeds in the semi-final round is..." There's a long pause before they continue. "The Next Step!"

That's us! We did it! The first thing I do is jump into James arms, and if you think I didn't hug Emily, you're wrong.

"Not only do I get to make it up to everybody for losing my hairpiece on stage, but we're getting a chance to beat Seeds."

Seeds came over and congratulated us. "I guess we're about to find out who really is the better troupe, aren't we shortcake."Marcel says smirking at me.

"First, I have a boyfriend. Second, I guess we are." I say this, pointing to James and smiling at Marcel, as I have finally given in to the nickname.

Seeds, get ready; we're coming back stronger than before.

1103 words

A/N:
Emily and Noelle becoming friends!!! Who would have known. Well I did and I really need the two people who hated each other get reasonable with one another.  Also, #Joelle4life. Okay byeeeee, I'll see you soon.
Xoxo, Balletblue