𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒘𝒐 𝑶𝒇 𝑼𝒔 1.08

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

you're performing your duets for Chris and I tomorrow. So make sure they're ready; do you need some inspiration maybe?" Kate asks, and before answering her, we hear Chris shout. We all back away; it seems like Chris and Kate are showing us their own duet.

"Kate and Chris doing a duet? I didn't see that coming; they're amazing."

After their duet, out of breath, Kate says to us, "Make sure you grab your duet partner, work hard, and kill it. Like we did." "Cause we are way too old for this." We all laugh at Chris' joke. Clearly, Ms. Kate wants us to do amazingly on our duets.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

As me and James are rehearsing, Eldon walks in for the hundredth time, and James tells me to watch what's about to happen.

It's kind of funny watching Eldon make up excuses for his absence. James whispers in my ear what happened and how he got two duet partners, Emily and Michelle. So it seems like Eldon might be screwed if one of them finds out, and it looks like it's going to happen soon.

"Round two, buddy, here we go." James says in a teasing way, and at this point Michelle is on Eldon's case. Eldon, my friend, you're done; he has to tell her, and I have no idea how it's going to end, but right now she's not letting him get away with the truth.

"The fact that she can stand up and say, "This is what's right; I asked you first." You know, it shows real leadership."

Michelle walks out of studio A, and it seems that she might be confronting Eldon's second duet partner, Emily.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

After the whole incident with Eldon, Emily, and Michelle, Eldon is now in his thoughts, sitting on a bench in studio A. James being himself, obviously, he finds it funny to see his friend in a love triangle, and he teases him about it.

James flexes his muscles before saying to Eldon, "Eldon, bro, you're looking huge. Why are you down, man?" Before Eldon had the chance to answer, Emily came barging in.

"Eldon! So do you like being my duet partner?" As if Eldon had fifty moods per second, he turns to her, all happy and giddy. "Yeah." "Good, because I like being yours, and I just think there's so much potential for us to grow. You know-" I lose focus on what Emily is saying because Eldon's other partner, Michelle, walks in, and all me and James do is watch.

"Stop talking to him; he's my duet partner." Look, Michelle, he doesn't want to be your partner. Get over it." "If he didn't want to be my partner, then why would he say yes?" "Obviously he just felt bad for you." They bicker back and forth, and at the end of their argument, they make Eldon choose who he wants as a partner.

Eldon looks defeated; he has absolutely no idea what to do, and since James is a "ladies man," he's going to help Eldon. "Go help him out." I told James seriously.

"Eldon doesn't really deserve this. I know James is the right guy to help him out."

James walks over to Eldon and helps him out, and I have a feeling this is the best plan James has come up with for Eldon.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

Everyone is in studio A warming up before we perform our duets for Kate and Chris.

"Attention please. Attention please. Alright, listen, Miss Kate has something to say. Listens up." "Okay, we're going to get started and do duets. Alright, is everybody warmed up? We're feeling good?" We all say yes, and Kate asks if there are any volunteers, and Eldon goes first, walking up to Emily and Michelle but going between them and choosing Chloe.

"I hate to admit it, but James' advice is really good."

After Eldon and Chloe, it was West and Stephanie; after them, it was me and James. I like our duet; it's definitely not bad.

"I think our dance is going great, actually. I'm having a blast. I'm having a great time with him. We have a lot of chemistry. I'm starting to find a new likening towards James."

(Noelle is Riley)

At the end of our dance, I steal James' hat, earning oohs from everyone else.

When everyone was done, it was left to Emily and Michelle. "Now the two that I have on my list that didn't get a chance to perform are, last but absolutely not least, Emily and Michelle. You guys ready to do your duet." It's slightly funny watching them not have a duet, and Chris comes up with a great idea for them to make something up on the spot.

Their "duet" is one word.

Disaster.

It seems like a dance battle; instead, their "duet" is cut short by Kate giving them a lecture on their behaviour.

"We need a leader who keeps us together for regionals, and Emily is not doing that."

𖧷𖧷𖧷

At the end of the day, I go grab my dance bag before I'm stopped by James. "Can I help you?" I ask him as he's smirking at me. "I got you something for doing so great at our duet." I'm slightly intrigued by what he got me. I wonder if it's mountain spring water.

James pulls out a box with a cereal box bracelet; it's the thought that counts. I emailed him, "A cereal box bracelet?" "It was that or more spring water." I laugh at his reference: "Well, I have to go, my mom is waiting." "Uh yeah, sorry. See you tomorrow."

As I walk to the door, I turn and say, "James, thank you." I see him turn with a cocky smile, and with that, I leave the building.

I'm seeing a definite liking for James; is that bad?

980 words

A/N:
Hello everyone, how are you doing?
How did you all like the short chapter, and did you enjoy the fact that I added the video of the dance. Do you guys want me to keep doing that.
Anyways I'll see you all next chapter<333