𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒔 1.15

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

IT'S A NEW DAY AND A NEW DANCE captain. All of us dancers are stretching and getting ready to start the new regionals routine.

"Dancers, can I have your attention, please? Miss Kate has an announcement." Chris says this while walking up to the group. "Just wanted to let you know that an application for regionals has been confirmed." All the dancers cheered with excitement.

"We're in; we're so much closer to regionals. I couldn't be any happier."

Kate and Chris dismiss us to start working on the new routine. I'm not sure if Emily will be a team player, but I'm hoping she will step up.

The group slowly gets quieter as we see James' mother enter Kate and Chris' office. I know that it has to do with James' grades since he told me. So much for the happy feeling I had.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

"Dancers, we have another announcement to make," Chris says, with James, James' mom, and Kate all by his side. "Miss Deborah, this is James Mother."

"Actually, Chris, with respect, I think this is an announcement that James should make himself to his friends. I think they deserve that." I lock eyes with James as Miss Debra says all of this.

"Um, as of today, I'm being pulled from A troupe." James says, looking anywhere but the group.

"You're not in A troupe anymore?" West asks, "Nah man, sorry I let you guys down." James looks down at the floor. West seems to not be finished with his questions because he clearly wants a full answer to why his friend is leaving.

"Why?" "Um, my math grades are slipping a bit. It's not a big deal, though." James is always trying to make sure no one worries about him. It's time he allowed us to worry.

"You know, I beg to differ, James," Miss Deborah says, looking at all of us. "They're not just slipping a bit in math; he just failed his math exam, and he knew that this was the consequence of that." Clearly, no one else knew about James' predicament.

"I'm sorry that it has to come to this; I really am because I know it puts you in a bit of a bind. But I don't feel like I have a choice. He's out." Miss Deborah says Eldons told me things about her, like how if she has her mind set, it's set.

"What? So, there's no way we can get him to dance at regionals?" West asks with hope lacing his voice. "No, he needs to spend time on his studies." Miss Deborah answers.

"I'm disappointed James's leaving; we've gotten really close lately, and I don't know what I'd do without him at the studio."

A moment passes; most of us don't know what to say or do, but clearly Michelle does. That's why she's the dance captain.

"I have an idea," Michelle says, stepping forward. "I'm sorry, who are you?" "I'm Michelle, the new dance captain." Clearly, Miss Deborah wasn't informed about the whole dance captain switch-up.