𝑺𝒂𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆 2.19

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

"OKAY, I HAVE SOME EXCITING NEWS. So there's this really prestigious trio competition coming up soon and we have officially been invited to compete." Kate announces to the group with me, Riley and West at each side of her.

"It's such an honour because they only ever ask the best teams to come in, but the catch is everyone has to choreograph to the same song and there are no costumes allowed." Kate explains. It is definitely different from regular competition, but it shows the true talent of the dancers.

"But it's gonna be an amazing practice for Nationals. So I think it should be Gisele, Amanda, and Talia who compete," Kate declares. My heart stops slightly at Amanda's name. Why her? The team is just too comfortable around her.

"Selected studios can bring as many trios as they want, so I'm also bringing a trio from J-Troupe," Kate says before making Amanda start warm-ups. I smile to myself, knowing Richelle was more than likely has the trio.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

After a tension high rehearsal, I find myself with James watching Eldon and West do tricks. "Hey, you know that list?" James asks, drainage my attention fully on him. "Yeah." I nod. "I'm working on it right now." He responds.

"James asked me to put together a list of things for him to do to win me back."

"So, are you ready for number seven?" I ask. "No, not yet. I've been researching it, I'm getting ready for some high altitude hiking. Mentally preparing for number seven." He says with uncertainty as I let out a light laughs."Right now I'm working on number eleven, actually." He redirects. "Really?" I ask, surprised.

"Number eleven is that he has to make up a love named after me."

"I already got the name, actually." He says. "What is it?" I ask eagerly. "Don't worry about it. It's a surprise." He adds. "Okay, well then, when you, you know, figure it out, let me know." I tell him, smiling as I leave.

"Honestly, I thought for sure James would have given up, but seeing that he's so committed and determined to get this done, it's just really nice to see."

𖧷𖧷𖧷

I walked down the hall of B-studio trying to find where Richelle was at. She told me how she had some very exciting news. "Richelle." I call out into the music room. "Noelle!" She shouts, running towards me and instantly wrapping her arms around me tightly.

"I'm guessing this is some fantastic news, huh?" I ask as she slowly unwraps herself from me. "You know the trio competition that The Next Step got invited to?" She asks as I nod.

"Well, she gave a trio to J-Troupe and I'm in it!" Richelle beams with a big smile and me reciprocating one back to her. "That's great Richelle. I'm proud of you." I say.

Richelle looks at the clock before looking back at me. "I should probably go back." She says. "Yeah, yeah, I'll see you at home." "Tell me how it goes with James." She says, walking away.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

After talking to Richelle, I head to Studio-A because James said he wanted to see me. I head loud stomps as James does a cartwheel off the bench I'm sitting on followed by countless backflips.

"Let's just say James has always been one to surprise me."

"A number eleven, coming at-ya." James says, doing two backhand springs, rolling backwards into a handstand and landing it.

"I like the move. It's actually kind of cool. Don't tell him I said that."

"And what do you plan on calling that?" I ask as he walks around me. "The Joelle Roll Up." He says with a smile. "I thought-" "I know it said,"your name" but I wanted to conjoin ours 'cause it's like we're intertwined forever." He explains.

I look up at him, giving him a smile. "Fine," I drag out. "I'll give you it, only because of what you said." "Uh-huh." He hums, smiling back at me.

"If James didn't explain the names, I would've said otherwise, but he said all the right things he always does."

"Do you happen to have a pen so I can cross the now named after us move off the list?" He asks. I shrug, "I'm sorry, but no. Not on me." "Good thing I learned some magic in anticipation for number seven." He says, bringing a pen from behind my ear.

"Which, by the way, I'm allergic to squid, could be a problem down the road." He continues as I peer at the listing number one, still not done. "Uh, I noticed that number one breakup with Beth was still on there." I say, scratching my head.

"I'm pretty sure we can't get back together until he breaks up with Beth."

James crumples the paper. "You're so perceptive." He comments as I give him a nod with a cheeky grin. " I'll have you know. I'm working hard on getting that one cross. I got to go, bye." And before I know it, he's running out of the room.

Get to work James.

861 words

A/n:
I'm back! Thank you so much for the 70k reads. This book has come such a long way and I can't wait for its future. I also chose to change the name and reason because I find that they're constantly intertwined no matter what. Made my heart flutter at the thought, not gonna lie.
Xoxo, balletblue