𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝑶𝒖𝒕 2.13

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

KATE CALLED US ALL IN TO SHOW
a video involving Hunter and Eldon. The video contained a dance battle between the two guys, and in the end, Hunter came out on top.

This can't be easy for Eldon; he's been one of the strongest dancers at The Next Step, and now one dance battle is defining his greatness. It doesn't make any sense. "The same person who brought that video to my attention actually suggested that Hunter would be the better male soloist." Kate explains.

"I think that's something we should decide as a team." Kate suggests as I raise an eyebrow at her. Hunter didn't even audition; why would he want it now? "We all know how good Hunter is; we all know how good Eldon is, or, should I say, how much better Eldon is." James laughs.

"James is right. They're both amazing. I guess the only way to settle this is by a vote. That is, of course, Hunter, if you want the  solo."Ms. Kate asks Hunter as he looks around before answering, "Of course." While Ms. Kate nods in response.

"This is a really tough decision. So, I want to give you guys some time to think it through, and then we'll vote later on." Kate says this before dismissing us.

"So, what do you think?" I ask Michelle, pulling her to the side. "Well, everything that's happened between Eldon and I makes sense now." She says, crossing her arms over her chest. "Who do you think brought it to Kate?" I ask, since she is the captain and would probably know.

"I did." She tells me. I raise my eyebrows in shock and look to the side, seeing Eldon with a look of heartbreak. "Are you serious?" He scoffed before walking away.

"Bringing the video to Kate is horrible for Eldon's confidence; he thrives on it, and this situation doesn't help."

𖧷𖧷𖧷

After a couple of hours, Kate called us all back to vote. "Okay, guys, you've had some time to think about it. Now we need to decide if we're gonna do an open or closed vote." Kate says, as most of us say, open. "Wait, hold up. What's the difference?" James asks.

"An open vote is where we all see who everyone's voting for, and a closed vote is where we can't." I explain it to him. "Thanks babe." James responded, smiling at me. "Do not call me babe." I say annoyed, like, who does he think he is?

"It's obviously irritating, which is exactly what he wants."

"Okay, we're gonna do an open vote; that way everyone can see where everyone else stands." Kate announces after seeing that we couldn't make up our own minds.

"Okay, those who think that Hunter should be the male national soloist, raise your hand." Amanda, Riley, Emily, Hunter, Talia, and Giselle raise their hands, meaning Eldon should be able to keep his solo, but as Phoebe counts, Michelle raises her own hand, making it seven votes for Hunter.

"It's official, Hunter, you are the new male soloist." Kate announces, and as Hunter cheers for himself, Eldon walks away. I watched James go and confront Riley and Michelle, and he's clearly angry. I mean, I am too, but what can we do? This was a team vote, and we were outvoted.

"You couldn't convince them to just vote for Eldon." James says, walking over to me, upset. "This is not my fault; I don't make decisions for people, and last time I checked, I voted for Eldon." I snapped at him.

"And look how that ended." He replied before walking away. James is out of line, getting mad at me for something I couldn't control. I didn't tell people to choose the person I wanted because they didn't do it to me, but clearly I'm the one to blame.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

After the voting, Kate said that the J-troupers, along with some of our dancers, were performing something for us in the music room.

While I watch the performance, I watch James the most; even though we got into an altercation, he still draws my attention. The drama in the studio continues to grow, and I never know when it's going to end.

We can never have one season of peace. When the dance came to an end, I watched everyone join in and start dancing like nothing had happened moments before, but when I looked across the room to find Eldon's gaze, I could see the pain in his eyes.

I shot him a sympathetic smile, receiving one back before he left the room. I watched every single one of his movements as my expression faltered.

Without Eldon, our team is a lost cause, and if he doesn't have his spark, then a big piece of our group is gone.

Our team is falling apart, and all I can do is watch.

817 words

I literally wrote this all in one day and it's kind of a filler. I also know that Giselle doesn't vote Hunter but to make the voting make sense I had to add an extra person. And James just can't seem to leave Noelle alone. I wonder why?
Xoxo, balletblue