𝑪𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒂 2.14

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

"HEY NOELLE." CHLOE SAYS WALKING
up to me with Michelle by her side. "Hey guys." I say it excitedly. It's been forever since I've seen my best friends. "We were actually wondering if you wanted to help with a fundraiser." Michelle asks.

I instantly smiled as Chloe's told me her plan. I love helping people and knowing it's for a good cause makes me even more happier. "Of course I'll help. I think I saw Kate in Studio-A." I say getting up from my chair. "So let's go." Chloe says linking arms with Michelle and I.

As we made our way into Studio A, I noticed Kate stretching. "Sorry to interrupt, Ms. Kate, but we just wanted to ask you something." Michelle says this while Kate gives us her undivided attention. "Sure." She responds.

"Yeah, I've been thinking a lot lately about everything I had to go through to be able to dance, and I know that there are a lot of kids who can't dance because of their financial situations." Chloe explains.

"So, we were thinking that we were gonna run a fundraiser. You know for the kids who need a scholarship to come to The Next Step." I add. "That is a fantastic idea." Kate expresses, while giving us the okay.

"So we're gonna have it at Culture Shock. We already asked the owner, and she's fine with it." Chloe's says before Kate can start asking questions. "I am so impressed with your initiative. That is amazing. Get to it." Kate says.

We bid Kate a goodbye followed by some thank you's before heading to wherever Chloe's taking us. "By the way, we're watching James' band first." Chloe informs me. "Thanks for the last minute announcement." I say sarcastically as Michelle laughs.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

We headed towards the music room where James and Noah were and Beth, who was just watching. I stayed far from her. James and Noah's original was great. I can tell Michelle and Chloe thought so as well.

"Guys, that was amazing. You guys would be perfect to perform for the fundraiser." Chloe says, excitedly. "Fundraiser?" James asks. "It's to raise money for a scholarship to The Next Step." Michelle explains.

"Not only does this fundraiser help out kids, it also helps The Next Step by showing kids that all kinds of talent is welcomed."

"So you guys are interested?" Chloe asks. James agrees and, as I love over at Noah, I can tell he's getting nervous. So, who's gonna tell them that Noah hasn't sand in front of people since Regionals and as he tells Richelle, he's a growing boy.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

Later that night, the fundraiser was in full motion. It was packed, and we had tons of talent to come. Michelle, Chloe and I headed onto the little stage for our introduction.

"Hi everyone, welcome to The Next Step fundraiser." Michelle started, earning a round of applause from the crowd. "So we have our first act and we're really excited-" Before Michelle could finish Eldon hopped off stage.

"Everyone, this is Eldon." I say, grabbing the mic before hurrying off the stage. Eldon does pirouettes and for everyone, people drop a dollar. Eldon did eleven, so everyone drops eleven dollars.

We have the audience a little break and as we headed back up stage; we walk by James, Noah, and Beth. "Good luck Noah." I say, giving him a tight lip smile as I ignore James and walk away.

"All right, our next act up is Charlie. He's going to be performing an acoustic version of Addicted To You, one of our favourite songs." Michelle says as Charlie hits the stage.

As I stand to the side of the stage, I look over at James, hoping he's looking back, but he's not. There's not much I can do. Moving on is taking too long and now I'd have to listen to his band, something that I always enjoyed.

"You got this." I tell Noah not knowing where Amanda is, which is weird since they need her. "Go, James!" Beth yells, standing straight up.

"That voice, it's like an echo in my head that just bugs me."

As the boys continue to go on, I sway to the beat. Noah's voice draws me in and I guess he got over that stage fright really quick.

"I can't help but watch James perform. I mean, I may have come to help Michelle and Chloe, but James is really all I wanna see right now."

The boy's song ended, and the fundraiser was just perfect, but even though these days have been a breeze, I still know that eventually the duet will be a major topic of discussion and I still want to avoid it.

790 words

Another filler chapter but don't worry next one is going to have some James and Noelle scenes and pretty much where they stand. Also if you're wondering I am putting Noelle through conflicting emotions because even though she's upset some days she still is mad.
Xoxo, balletblue