𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒀𝒐𝒖 1.17

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

"OKAY GUYS, LETS TAKE IT FROM
the tutting. Formations, and could we just move back a little bit?" We do as Michelle says and move back two steps.

"So one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, and eight," Michelle goes on with her counts as we all do the routine except Emily. "Okay, where's your spacing?" Michelle says, pointing at Emily, who shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't know," Emily says. I know for a fact she's lying. When you're a dance captain or even a dancer, you always know you're spacing. "So then, you should go right here." Michelle stands where she thinks Emily should go.

"Pretty sure that's where you put James." "Right, okay, so then you're here." Michelle points out where Emily was already standing. There's a lot of tension between the two girls, something I would not like to be between.

When we start to rehearse again, there's this section where each and every one of us does flips. Well, we all did it, except Emily.

"Emily! Everyone else did their flips except for you. You're not just hurting me; you're hurting everyone." Michelle says this to Emily, who looks as if she doesn't care anymore. "Well, the team hurt me, especially you." Emily says while taking a seat on the floor.

Today's going to be a long one.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

"Hey Noelle, what's up?" "Hey, not much. How are you?" I ask James; right now we're video chatting. Me from dance and him from school. "I'm pretty good," was James response.

"Right now, I'm video chatting with James because his mother won't allow him to come to the studio."

"Actually, you're in the second row." "I didn't even have to audition." James says. It's kind of funny how someone who's not even here can still manage to get in the second row. "I know; you'll never guess who's in the back row." I said, laughing a bit before I answered.

"Emily." "She's in the back row?" James asks, shock covering his face. "Yeah, Michelle just put her in the back row." I say. There's a question that I'm a little scared to ask due to the fact that it has to do with math.

"So, how's the math going?" I ask, completely aware of the fact that James could be lying to me. I hope that's not the case. "It's good; don't even worry about it, though. We'll be going on that date in no time." James reminds me, and I give him a smile in return.

"Me and James have our own little deal; if he gets a 70% on his next math test, then I will go on a date with him."

"Test me." He says, fully confident. "Okay, what is the volume of a cube 2 by 2 by 2 inches?" I ask, testing him like he asked. "Uh, 39 cubic inches?" James says, questioning his own answer.

"Really?" I ask him, hoping he's joking. "No, I know this. It's 34 cubic inches." "No, somewhere in the 30s." James says, adding to my frustration. "It's not even close to the 30s, James." I'm slightly panicking; this cannot be happening. James needs to pass so we can actually go to regionals.

"I feel a little doomed by the fact that James doesn't know the answer to that simple math question. I just hope he can start taking this seriously and really focus."

"Can you please think, like seriously?" James's way of answering my question is to pretend he's losing signal, childlike behaviour. "Nah, I'm totally playing girl." James says, "Well, you have to stop playing all the time. We're all counting on you." "I know," James says in a gruff voice.

"I may be a little disappointed, I did kind of want to go on that date with him. But, you know, it's also more important that he gets here for regionals so that we can work on a routine."

"I actually have to go though," James informs me. "Yeah." As I'm about to end the call, James stops me and says, "Wait, it's 8 cubic inches; see yea." I smile at him getting the answer.

"It seems like every math question he gets right kind of shows that he likes me even more. Let's just say I hope he aces the test."

𖧷𖧷𖧷

I'm sitting on one of the benches in studio A as Giselle is practising in front of me. I sure do miss her.

"I'm writing cue cards right now for James, with all the drama and craziness that has been going on in the studio. It's a great way to kind of get my mind on something else."

As I'm writing, from the corner of my eye, I see Tiffany walking up to me. When E-girls existed, they wouldn't dare talk to me, thinking I was a threat. Guess what? The times have changed.

"What are you doing?" She asks me, "Making cards for James." I answer bluntly. "For James?" "Yeah?" I ask, not sure what she's up to. "What's going on between you guys?" She asks me, making my cheeks light up. I've never been truly asked that question. So, I don't know how to answer it.

"Nothing; we're just friends." "Mhm," she hums, clearly not believing me, "I'm just helping him with math; he's in the second row, and we do need him for regionals." I'm trying to make it sound like we only need James for dance.

"It's just typical Tiffany right now; she's just digging for gossip like she always does. So, I'm just not going to give it to her."

"I've seen the way he looks at you; definitely more than just friends. He gives you those googly eyes." I laugh at her silliness as she gets up, not forgetting to remind me that he likes me on the way out.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

We were all called to studio A because Michelle has a minor change to make in the line placement. "I'm going to follow up on your request," She says, gesturing to Eldon, "and switch you with Emily." Minor, that's major. Huge mistake.

The group slowly erupted into a disagreement, only for Riley to come in panicked. "Guys! Emily and Stephanie are leaving the studio." I'm at a loss for words. How can two people leave because of sadness and feeling neglected in the group? It makes no sense.

Everyone was doing so well.

We better find two new people, or we'll be cut from regionals. Not just cut, but disqualified.

1089 Words

A/N:
it's been a while since I've last updated, I actually am losing track of days. I literally thought today was Wednesday only for it to be Thursday. Days have been flying by. Anyways, I'm getting excited for the upcoming chapters, I haven't written them yet but I'm still excited. See you all next chapter.