Chapter 23: A promotion and heading to Kyoto

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

(A/N: All the images or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Question: Who should be forgiven among the traitors?

Previously we saw the sports event that had taken place for the factions, with each faction representing a different team. Issei and Asia were a part of the fallen team, while Chara was part of the monster team. The first event of the Sports Festival was the three legged race which had already begun, the Monster team had Frisk and Chara participating for the festival and they had taken the lead with Issei and Asia behind them, they were more focused on their balance and rhythm while the other two were focused on their speed, unfortunately their speed became their downfall as they were not too focused on their balance as they fell resulting in Issei and Asia winning the round. The second event of the sports festival was the cavalry race, it was an amazing event given that all the teams were giving it their all and managing to steal some head bands that whose amount would determine the victor of the round. Over time the teams had taken an amount of headbands, with the Monster team and the Fallen team on the top with each having 6 head bands, the next head band would determine the victor, the teams then charged at the other however the monster team managed to steal the headband from the Fallen team thus securing the win in their name for this round. After an one hour break, the teams were getting ready for the final event of the festival, with that being the Tennis tournament the teams were getting ready for the finale of the event. The first match was between Issei and Rias and their partners, with Issei securing the win for the first match of the event, the next match was between Chara and Sona, with Sona winning the round, and finally Saiaorg and Irina with Irina winning the round for her team. The next stage was the eliminator round and the fallen team was given a pass given that they were way ahead of the other two teams of the eliminator round that being the Devil and the Angel team. The teams then began their match with Irina successfully using illusion magic to overwhelm and defeat Sona in the eliminator round of the Tennis match. The final round was between the fallen and the angel teams, they began their round with Irina requesting a conversation if she won this round. The round began with Irina starting the serve, she threw the ball aimed at Raynare, it was a continuous round of tennis serves resulting in a Deuce and Advantage situation. Irina then used the same Illusion trick when she was in an advantage situation, with Issei being unable to detect the right ball and making the wrong choice in hitting the wrong ball, with Irina firing the correct ball a few minutes later, resulting in the victory for Irina and Xenovia. Issei sighed and accepted defeat with them even sharing a handshake as an act of good sportsmanship. After that Issei and Asia left the area to have some private time, where Asia ends up kissing him as an act of forwarding her relationship with him. They then proceed to watch the rest of the sports events as the festival was still not over and watch as the other students take part in the contests.

The sports event had gotten over with everyone having fun in it, some students even won some medals because of their performance. Everyone was happy with the results with the announcer even having a lot of fun being the announcer of the event, he was honored to be a part of such an important event, after that they all had headed home.

Issei and his team along with Sona had decided to go home given that the event was over and everyone was starting to go home, Issei and the other met up with Sona who was still doing her duties given that she was the student council president. Sona was a little but sad that her team had come in third but was nevertheless happy for Issei and his team and their performance, she looked up at her smiling fiancée, who had approached her and spoke

Issei: Hey Sona, that was an amazing performance, especially in the tennis match.

Sona: Thanks, plus you guys were also equally amazing, if not more than us, not only did you guys won the Festival but also you managed to get on the second place, not less than that if I might add. I mean you guys were outstanding.