Chapter 42: Aftermath and a Promotion

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

(A/N: All the images or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw the fight that was taking place because of Medusa being released from Cao Cao's eye, this resulted in a temporary truce between the True Spear wielder as well as the red and white dragon emperors, they both decided to co operate with each other till they can defeat the Gorgon before she could hurt or kill anyone, Medusa on seeing this immediately went into the offensive with the intent to kill the trio, but she was unable to do any progress. Medusa then released her hair snakes on the ground with the intent to either petrify or kill the members of Team Dxd, some went after the Lucifuge peerage which Issei easily dealt with those, however a warning from Issei alerted the teams to the planning and they were able to kill any snake that had approached them, while at the same time watching each other's back in case one snake decided to perform a sneak attack on them, that was when both Sirzechs and Diehauser decide to join the fight, with Sirzechs ending up fighting against the Jabberwocky, with him easily killing it. Medusa on seeing this fought against the Trio of heroes but Vali used Deflect to reflect any and all of the petrifying stares that Medusa gave the trio, allowing Issei to use Durandal to attack her on the chest, on seeing that she had the disadvantage she called her snakes back, Le Fay notices this and puts a circular barrier around them to prevent their escapes, which allows most of the team to make easy and quick work of them. Medusa cries as her children were killed in front of her eyes, she in turn rages on the trio, but Cao Cao uses his spear to stab her in the area where Issei used his Durandal on making the wound even worse. That was when Vali and Issei decided to end this with Vali first using Compression Divide reducing Medusa's size, with Issei firing a Longinus Smasher, coupled with Cao Cao using his own beam of light killing her instantly. Meanwhile the Lucifer peerage easily dealt with and killed any of the Bandersnatch that had attacked them, with Bahamut, Sirzechs's rook even having assistance from Beowulf and Souji after they killed the Bandersnatch that they were dealing against. Azazel then fought against one of the Bandersnatch with the fallen angel general easily overwhelming and killing it, by destroying the Bandersnatch's heart and brain. Tiamat was then left alone with the last four Bandersnatch, she easily killed one of them by burning them, the next two got brutal beatdowns that resulted in multiple internal fractures as well as complete disintegration, Tiamat then ended their lives by burning them with relative ease. After which Tiamat then decided to deal with the final Bandersnatch by pummeling him near a school wall and using her Chaos Flames to burn the Bandersnatch alive killing the last one. After all the anti monsters were dealt with, the peerages then take a rest for dealing with their respective enemies.

In the aftermath, Cao Cao and the rest of the Hero Faction were taken into custody, since they were wanted terrorist that had attacked a faction leader as well as attacking the two devil heiress, thankfully nobody was severely harmed so they were given minimal punishment of only imprisionment, Indra who had come in after the news had confiscated Cao Cao and Georg's sacred gears, and had told them that they will get them back once they serve their punishment. Leonardo was taken to Grigori where his condition was to be assessed due to him being in severe mental pain from activating his Balance Breaker, Heracles and the Hero Faction members were also given mere imprisonment, but some died in custody since they had their Ophis's snake break their sacred gear.

Jeanne on the other hand was taken into the custody of the Vatican as she was placed under a watchful supervision since she was a former holy maiden, and the church knew that she had to take responsibility for her actions, she was kept under the eye of Vasco Strada who had volunteered to make sure that she never went astray ever again.