Chapter 41

Natalie's POV

"Goodnight Nat-Nat, I love you." Skylar said softly as her eyes fluttered with sleepiness. We both kissed Sky goodnight as she drifted off to sleep.

I walked out of the room with with a huge grin on my face as we both went to the living room to watch tv.

"I love you Nat, you and sky keep me going"  she said as she cuddled into my shoulder.

"There's something behind that" I replied concerned.

"I had a feeling...the need to tell you. Like no matter what you both keep me going, you help me to be the best me. I used to not give a fuck. There was nothing to look forward to when I came home. Until you." I stared at the tv listening to her soft voice, as I felt her move so that she could look up at me.

"I've never felt this way before it just feels so surreal and perfect. I love you and everything about you. I will always be here, no matter what it takes. I'll be he..."

*ring ring*

The sound of my phone interrupted her, we both got up and I answered to hysterical voices...

"Listen...we're on our way to pick you up on the way...we got to Santa Monica station before you start on Monday for a surprise..." Wes, said sternly through the phone.

"Get to the god damn point dammit!" I heard Josh, my co-lieutenant in the background.

"Get on the news! They need everyone around the vicinity...it's a big one" I turned to the news which was currently on an ad.

"Wait what? Wh-" I was interrupted.

"WILDFIRE!" Josh shouted.

I looked at Olivia in shock, in a quick second I ran upstairs and grabbed my uniform rapidly putting it on.

"Where's my helmet?!" I yelled as liv came running in.

"What the fuck is going on?" She asked in frustration.

She stopped in her tracks as she watched me put my uniform on.

"It's uh...it's in the box over there...you don't start till Monday what's going on?" She asked worriedly.

"There's a wildfire baby...I don't know how big but they said they need everyone on in vicinity." I said calmingly.

"It might be a drill you never know" she asked.

"I don't know, maybe, it was josh on the phone." Trying not to worry her.

"Why Josh? Isn't he supposed to be back home? The new rookie right? From your old station?"

"I have no idea...I'm coming back home...you get some sleep now " I smiled as I lifted her chin and kissed her soft lips goodbye. I felt her hands grip onto my shirt until we eventually heard sirens I quickly grabbed my jacket and helmet and rushed out. I looked back at Liv and suddenly saw her face drop in horror seeing so many fire engines going past the street.

I turned back to Liv..."I will always be..."

"Get over here" I hear shouting behind me, once again interrupting me. Before I could finish I was pulled away from Josh and Taylor.

A/N

Don't think I was keeping it easy 😉 time for some action 🔥🧑‍🚒

Tell me what you think is gonna happen in the comments and don't forget to vote! ❤️