Chapter 37

Olivia's POV

We were on our way back to my parents house after switching from motorbike to car at Natalie's condo and I couldn't help but feel the tension between us. I looked out of the passenger window conjuring up thoughts as to why I asked her to move in with me, but instead I focused on her dumbfounded-ness of her face and how she didn't know how to answer.

Maybe I was rushing things.

I looked back over to Natalie, she seemed unsettled as if she was battling something in her mind, I decided to break the tension. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She deadpanned.

I felt a slight pain in my chest at her blunt response, "listen...about last night-"

"Can we talk about it another time? I've got to go into work after to sort some issues I got called in for this morning."

"No. We need to talk about it." I countered.

Before she could speak I continued, "maybe what I asked you was...you know, a bit much. But I'm not expecting you to make your decision right away. I know it's fast but I was too much in my feelings and it just kinda came out. I just love having you next to me..."

She sighed, "It's not that I don't want to, I do, trust me. But not yet. We've come so far but yet we still have little..."

"What I mean to say is, we've still got a lot to sort out. You've only just moved out of your parents house, not to mention they don't even know about us. They're your parents and I think they deserve the respect of knowing what their daughter is getting into before finding out we're actually living together. I don't want to rush this Liv. I did it with my ex and it's something that I can't do anymore, it's hard. Yes I'm over my ex, a million times over but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be scared, because I don't want to lose you."

I sighed knowing she was right, I felt slightly embarrassed and hurt by her words. But I also found reasoning behind it, "you're not going to lose me Nat. We can work this out together and I'll tell my parents as soon as we get there. Sorry if I made you feel as though we were rushing things."

I looked down into my hands but then Natalie grabbed mine, making me look up at her. "It's okay, after all you're the one who said they don't want to rush things." She giggled.

"I meant with se-" I paused. "You know what I meant" I huffed causing another giggle from Natalie.

I rolled my eyes playfully, erupting the car with our laughter.

She pulled my hand up to her soft lips, planting a gentle kiss. "I love you" she smiled.

~~~~~

"Mommy!" Sky shouted as she let her little legs run over to me almost making me stumble over with her small arms wrapped around my neck. I picked her up and spun her around causing her to giggle.

"I missed you so much"

"I missed you more mommy!" She said excitedly.

"Here let me help you with those Natalie" my dad said from behind me, taking one of my cases from Nat's trunk. I tried to help but Sky wouldn't let me put her down which left my dad and Nat to take the cases inside.

I went to get a glass of water and took a sip.

"So how did the weekend go love birds?"

I choked on my drink at my dads question as Natalie looked at him confused, I then glanced at my mother who shifted nervously in her seat.

"C'mon, don't look at me like that I knew you guys had something going on for a while now" he chuckled.

Sorry for the long wait guys, I've just been busy with Uni and had some health issues going on, still going through it but will try my best to update more often, thank you for your patience and hope you're enjoying the book so far! Don't forget to comment, vote and follow! Would mean a lot! 😊