Chapter 14

Olivia's POV

I haven't spoken to Natalie for three weeks now, I was so confused and didn't understand the feelings I had with her.

I have been staying with my parents since that night and they had just told me that it was just a phase. But I just couldn't stop thinking about her. 

It was my day off so I decided to take Skylar to the mall, she hadn't really been herself lately, she kept asking when we would see Natalie again. What am I supposed to tell a three year old.

Oh yeah, because me and Natalie had kissed and now I don't know how I feel about it. 

I was scared to talk to Natalie about these feelings so I decided to just ice her out. It's not the nicest thing to do, but I just didn't know what to do. 

I was at the checkout paying for the things I had got for Skylar, but as I turned back around Skylar was gone.

I looked around in panic trying to find her until I saw her crying and hugging Natalie who was crouching down. 

Shit.

I gathered myself together and made my way over to them. 

My eyes met those familiar but distant eyes. The fire that once burned within them had been washed away by a grey storm, they looked drained, as if she hadn't had a decent sleep in weeks.

"Hi Nat, it's been a while. How are you?"

"Hey...I've been good, same old..." she gave a fake smile as she looked back into my eyes, "Sorry...I've gotta go...see you guys soon" as she looked down.

In an instant, she was gone. 

I went to grab Skylar's hand once more but she was running back to Natalie.

This child.

I ran back over to her in an attempt to stop her. 

"Natalie why don't we see you anymore" she said with glossy eyes.

Natalie looked up at me and back down to her, "I've just been very busy sweet girl. It just depends on your mom" 

"Well can we all get some cookies and hot chocolate? Pleaseeee"

I smiled and nodded at my daughter before looking up to Natalie.

"I suppose one wouldn't hurt" she chuckled.

~~~~~

There was an awkward silence between us as Skylar was drifting off asleep in her high chair. She had a chocolate moustache from the drink, she looked so sweet and innocent. Oh, how I wish it was like that forever.

I heard tapping as I realised Natalie was tapping her foot against the wooden floor, I could tell she was nervous. I glanced up into her eyes but she quickly retracted them away from mine, looking down into her almost empty mug.

"I can't do this Liv." She started to gather her things.

"Nat, don't go...I'm sorry okay? I don't know what this is. It was a sudden impulse and we were both very drunk. You've got to understand that Nat." I said.

She looked hurt but I didn't want to lead her on thinking that we ever had a chance. 

"Mhm...I'll help you take Sky to the car" 

She reached over to Sky, lifting her out of the high chair as I grabbed the bags.

~~~~~

Natalie helped me to put Skylar in her car seat, careful not to wake her up. She stood back up, closing the door gently.

"I guess I'll see you soon" I said.

She parted her lips but hesitated to speak.

"What is it?" I asked.

She started to walk closer to me as I stepped back, until my back was pressing against the car door.

I swallowed a lump in my throat as she got closer. Her hands now pressing against the car door with me stuck in the middle. 

The sweet cinnamon smell radiated off of her body as I could smell the rich coffee blending the two flavours together.

She leaned in close, her lips almost touching mine. All the feelings and emotions were battling inside of my head once again, I just couldn't get enough of her. I parted my lips almost begging to be kissed, for her to just pull away leaning into my ear.

"You're telling me you don't feel one thing for me?" She whispered.

My body tensed up as she sent shivers down my spine, almost electrifying. I'm pretty sure she could hear my heart pounding against my chest as she backed away slowly,

"See you around Olivia" I just stood there dumbfounded. 

I shook out of my stance, "What the hell Natalie, how can you do that to me and then decide to just walk away?" I said angrily.

She turned back around, "just like you decided to ignore me for three weeks after what happened between us? You and I both know you felt something, so stop denying yourself."

I was shocked and had no words. 

"Look, I know it's hard, I've been there. If you wanna talk meet me at The Rock Bar at 8 tonight."

And with that, she walked away.

I pulled out of the parking lot as I felt as if I had eyes watching me, but I didn't take any notice at it.

Suddenly the roaring engine of a motorbike snapped me out of my thoughts making me jump.

What an asshole.