Chapter 15

Olivia's POV

I walked into the bar that had soft rock music playing as chatter filled the room. I looked around only to have a gentle hand grip onto mine, she guided me through the crowd and into the beer garden where it was more secluded.

She handed me a bottle of beer that she held along with hers in her free hand as we sat down.

"I'm glad you came. Look I'm sorry about earlier on, I shouldn't of pushed you" She said.

"It's okay. I suppose you deserve an explanation...I shouldn't of iced you out. I've never felt these things with anyone, let alone a woman. I've always grown up around a traditional family. I'm so confused Nat. But don't think for one second that you hadn't crossed my mind, because you did. Almost everyday" I reached out to place my hand on hers.

"I understand what you're going through Liv, I really do. But I don't understand what you want. You're giving me so many mixed signals I don't know what to think anymore. One minute we're kissing. Then the next you're icing me out. To tell me that you were only infatuated and drunk at the time. Now you're telling me you're always thinking about me. What do you expect me to do? I'm tired of people playing games and toying with my emotions, because I don't know how much more I can take."

"If it isn't obvious by now, I like you Liv, you're the most beautiful person I've laid eyes on. You're perfect on so many levels, you never ceased to make my day and that little girl is a part of you that I love the most. You're an amazing friend and mother and I'm so stupid for falling for someone so quickly, I should've learned from my past but everything about you draws me in. You're not like most girls. But I'd rather have you as my friend than nothing at all."

My emotions were running wild as my heart broke and fixed itself in the matter of seconds.

"You're not stupid at all Nat. I'm so sorry that I've put you in this situation and I never intended to make you feel as if I were playing games with you. I regret icing you out so much, Skylar adores you and I've never seen her so happy when she's with you. You make me feel safe and respected amongst a whole lot of things Nat. I'm just-" I paused.

"I'm just scared, because I'm falling for you too."

I looked at her and saw that my words had ignited a spark to the fire she once had in her eyes.